Touchdown problem - killed my vibration function

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Touchdown (the correct version) on Sunday. I had the settings so that I would be notified via vibration, not sound, upon any incoming emails or reminders and it had been working perfectly. It was working just fine for the first 24 hours, then something weird happened.

I had it plugged in to my usb on my laptop and all of a sudden it was vibrating like 3 or 4 times per message or reminder, instead of just once (it was driving me nuts too hearing it vibrate so much). Then I noticed that the battery % had not changed in like 30 minutes while the lightning bolt was showing on the battery meter. When I went to pick up the phone it was very hot, and my battery meter program said ?overheating?. So I immediately unplugged and shut down my device.

Ever since then, my vibration function does not work ? even for the native HTC Inbox.

I even just uninstalled Touchdown and vibration still does not work on the native inbox.

What can i do?

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Some apps screw up a deep setting that is unreachable from the normal user in settings.

Download an app called "Sound Manager" then go to vibrate settings and in there make sure they are both to "Vibrate whenever possible"

this should fix it! :)

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to try that program to see if it solves my problem, but my Incredible has been doing some massive sync or something for over an hour now (maybe reloading all my 1,000 biz contact since I deleted Touchdown). My inbox screen says 'loading mail' and my people screen says 'loading'. And because of that I can't download anything from the Market (says 'starting download', but just stays there...)

I even turned it off and then back on and it's still doing this.

I really hope my new phone isn't fried! :confused:

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just did a factory reset - ugh!

If I reinstall Touchdown, do i have to uncheck the native HTC Inbox from synching emails? - perhaps there was a conflict with Touchdown and HTC inbox, contacts and calendars pulling the same info??

Last edited:

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I use touchdown, when I rebuilt/reset my phone I did NOT configure any of the HTC messaging and it works much smoother. I use Gmail app instead of HTC as well for gmail. The only feature I like that HTC is the contact management which it will do without configuring HTC Mail. Syncing with the HTC is redundant and not needed.

Last edited: