Looking to make a mini tab out of Fascinate

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to make my Fascinate into a "Mini-Tablet" of sorts. I have upgraded from my Fascinate to a Bionic, I love my Fascinate, and just can't seem to part with it. The kids are constantly bugging me to play with my phone. ALL DAY!!! So I either have to give up my Xoom or my Bionic and let them play with it. So, I have my Fascinate here with me. My wife last used it and she had changed a lot of crap on it, then lost it, and found it, but while it was lost she needed a phone for work so we used our last upgrade to buy her a Bionic as well. After finding it, I didn't want to sit and take all her crap off, so I just stuck it in a drawer and kept it there. Upon successfully completing the task of turning my son's Nook Color into a CM7 tab, I decided that it would be nice to give me a chance to get a nice little mini tab made out of my fascinate to let my kids dink around with.

Now, remembering that I had my wife last using Fascinate and she changed loads of things. So, today I was taking a little time turning things back. That got old fast. So, I just did a factory reset. I didn't care about anything on the phone. BUT!!!! That was a mistake, because I didn't think of one thing. The phone immediately needs to be activated. I don't really want to activate my phone using my lines, but if I have to, I will.

So, what I am looking for is a good system, any mod, I think I want to go bite the ICS bullet with this beast and see what that is like. I would love to not only have this be my play toy for my 6 year old who likes to play Where's My Water (if you haven't bought this thing you NEED to, it is addicting to all ages) but I want to enjoy it too. I am aware that I will not have a data connection outside of my house, but I don't care. I am okay with that. I have wifi and my Bionic if I happen to need that!

I will admit that I once rooted a Fascinate and didn't recognize that there were errors caused by the ROM I picked, so I haven't rooted once since. And yes, I flashed that back to stock and swapped it out with a new one from VZW!!!

SO, your help with getting something to bypass the activation on this, or your favorite ROMs to make this beast into a wifi micro tab, let me know!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a bit of a confession to make.. I was hoping by posting on AC I would get lucky and find the answers shortly after I made my post. I did. I actually went straight away into the ICS build that is on the How To thread up here and there is a SKIP ACTIVATION button on the ICS build that means I don't have to activate the phone. It's is really slick on ICS, so if you have a fascinate and you're upgrading out of it, it easily can become a wifi micro tab!