Stupid Fast kernel Released

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My mistake- just came across someone else talking about JT's 11/15... I checked ROM manager and the release I was talking about the 11/13 kernel.

Where to get 11/15? I haven't seen any link for it yet and i'm not a IRC kinda person which is where I assume ppl are getting it.

I myself am looking to eliminate lag completely while having all my normal stuff functional. But tbh I think some of the testers out there don't use the phone on a normal basis so bugs can be missed. They seem to be checking with stock only which just leaves me looking for workarounds to stay functional.
Seriously- who the hell uses stock music player? They must have never tried PowerAMP is all I can say.

Did JT's help with your musics?

BrownSuperman

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I was in love with this phone after I rooted it and de-Binged it. Today I flashed JT's Super Clean ROM then installed the Stupid Fast kernel, I am head over heels with my phone. I'm totally captivated and mesmerized by the epic vibrance in the performance of my Fascinate.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ya I was on the cusp of selling the Fascinate on eBay and was going to try out another phone like the DroidX until I came across JT's Super Clean ROM. StupidFast kernel came along and now I lost all interest in getting rid of it.
I'm keeping this thing now!

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm totally captivated and mesmerized by the epic vibrance in the performance of my Fascinate.

:D

Yea, the phone really flies once you undo everything that Samsung and Verizon did to it. I'm still using the stock kernel (had issues and didn't really notice any measurable performance/battery gains with any of the alternatives), but with a clean ROM, the phone is as smooth as silk.

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i don't think i am removing the voodoo kernel correctly?

i can only make a "folder" with root explorer. not a file?

i don't want to go thru the xda total removal process.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
i don't think i am removing the voodoo kernel correctly?

i can only make a "folder" with root explorer. not a file?

i don't want to go thru the xda total removal process.

Using root explorer hit your menu key, go to "more" and you should be able to make a file that way.

And if you want to try ANY non-Voodoo kernel you have to do the "complete" uninstall shown in the XDA forums. I recommend the automatic one-click one.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You can install a new kernel by just doing the lag_fix file in your voodoo folder. That will remove voodoo and then you are good to install a jt or a stupid fast kernel.

I did this and now have the uv stupid fast kernel. So far I like it. I will test it tomorrow if the battery life is better than previous kernels.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Using root explorer hit your menu key, go to "more" and you should be able to make a file that way.

And if you want to try ANY non-Voodoo kernel you have to do the "complete" uninstall shown in the XDA forums. I recommend the automatic one-click one.

What version of root explorer are you using? I am using an old version I picked up a long time ago. It does not have that option. I had to use ADB to create the lag_fix file. Was easy enough though.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
What version of root explorer are you using? I am using an old version I picked up a long time ago. It does not have that option. I had to use ADB to create the lag_fix file. Was easy enough though.

It's the newest one on the market, i think it's 2.12.4...Yeah when in root explorer hit the menu key, hit more, and you should see "New File".

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I like to plug in my phone to the computer and mount it via USB. Then I go into the phone via My Computer and access the file system that way. But I guess if your on the go Root Explorer works too.

I'm on JT's 11/18 kernel now and its just as snappy as the new StupidFast. Going to test it out the whole day tommorow.

Updates on the sound popping issue: No popping on the lockscreen, no popping with screen dark, little to no popping if I'm not on the music players main screen (for example-artist or albums page). I'm thinking it might have something to do with the scrubber timeline or the counter. Best I can figure so far.

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was getting little to no popping in poweramp on the newest stupid fast, but Google Listen was pretty horrible, so i reinstalled JT's 11/11 stable kernel. I listen to audio in some form or another all the time on my phone, so the popping drives me crazy.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
PowerAMP has a new update in the market. Fixed my popping issues on JT's 11/18 kernel. I haven't tried with Stupid Fast yet but I assume it would be fixed there too.

I rarely hear them in Music PlayerPro now also. Dunno if PowerAmp had an affect on that or not. Maybe try getting it if you don't have it nmyeti and see if it fixed Google Listen.
Worth a try.

I'm in no hurry to check other combinations as I'm so happy its gone.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, i'ma reinstall and see if poweramp plays nice with dirrk's kernel now. Fingers crossed, love that thing

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running PowerAMP on StupidFast v1.2.3 right now and it's working fine. It has yet to skip or pop on any screen, with headphones plug in or not.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I was having serious popping in v1.2.3 and am now using v1.0.36 with no audio issues. I'm using double twist and last.fm throughout the day.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i had no issues whatsoever with v1.0.36, and now that i'm using v1.2.3 which is suppose to be LV and have better battery life but i haven't seen it yet. But using the stock music player that came with JT's SCR and PowerAMP i haven't noticed any popping or skipping. Might just go back to v1.0.36 or try one of the jt1134 LV kernels.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm idk if anyone else is having the same problem with the StupidFast kernels. But for some reason it'll kick me outta 3g alot more often, and i'll have to turn airplane mode on and off to reset 3g. So far it's done it on both kernel's i've tried, v1.0.36 and v1.2.3 so idk if it's just the area i live in or if it's a problem others are having.

When i was on Dirrk's D02-LV Voodoo kernels this didn't ever happen which is what makes me think it's the kernel not my area. Might end up either going back to JT's kernels or back to Voodoo again. :-(

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't know since I get 1x at my school, home, and work. The places I use my phone most lol. Even my LG Dare and Palm Pre Plus got bad signal there so I know its Verizon.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

ROM: Blackhole 1.3
Kernel: StupidFast 1.2.3