Samsung Promises 2.2 by the end of the year....Hmmm

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
For those who follow Samsung on twitter (just did because of the contest) I noticed a very interesting tweet i figured you guys would like.

@hometheater321 yes. all current Galaxy S phones in the USA will be upgraded to Android 2.2 this year.
18 minutes ago via HootSuite in reply to HomeTheater321

Hopefully this means that it will be garenteed to be past the carriers by then too. Thoughts?

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Where is this "promise" you speak of? They say it'll be upgraded this year, but we know things change and they get delayed. No one is guaranteeing anything. Just take it as them "hoping" to get it done by then...at least that's what I would do. No need to get your hopes up.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That is a pretty bold statement, as I imagine Samsung can't control the time it takes carriers to add their own apps and complete testing on their own phones. On the other hand maybe this means Samsung is giving Froyo to the carriers so far in advance that it is almost certain that we will have it by Jan 1.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Who cares what it means? I always get my hopes up when I hear the word upgrade! It's better than not hearing anything at all.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
IIve stopped caring. Other than the GPS which I don't use often, with a little tinkering this thing rocks on 2.1.

Plus, the froyo OTAs on some other phones have been a bit buggy. I won't be jumping on it right away.

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I like my Fascinate. Sure I see the occasional lag, but overall really like it. I would love to see what Froyo has to offer, but can wait for them to take the time to get it right....

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Before I ended up with the Fascinate thanks to Best Buy I was looking at the DX but many issues where 2.2 related.

Im fine waiting I'd it means less bugs and more bug fixes/features.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty