Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon telesales this morning at 6 am when they opened and they are not taking pre-orders today. She said it would probably be avail on the 25th.

So how many of us will brave the mobs of anxious shoppers to ge this phone. I really don't like leaving the house much. I don't think I am agoraphobic or anything I just prefer to be at home.

I may just have to order this online.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going to order online. I think that's the best way, if you don't mind waiting a day or two.

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I will be in Texas the 24-29th..... i hope to see if before hand... I dont want to deal with going and getting one while im on "vacation"

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon telesales this morning at 6 am when they opened and they are not taking pre-orders today. She said it would probably be avail on the 25th.

So how many of us will brave the mobs of anxious shoppers to ge this phone. I really don't like leaving the house much. I don't think I am agoraphobic or anything I just prefer to be at home.

I am guessing that it may only be available for pre-order on Friday. I doubt you'll be able to walk into a store and pick one up that day.
Maybe they'll attract customers actually buying for Christmas that don't need to have a phone in hand that day.

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I called Telesales as well this morning and they actually got through all the steps except she could not find the phone. She apologized and said she expected to find it, since they were trained on it last week.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The post below from the infamous thread on AF is how I feel also.

The worst part of this... I KNOW that it won't be released tomorrow... but i KNOW like an idiot, I will be foolishly clicking F5 in 7 hours, only to leave more depressed than when I started!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I called telesales again because I was curious about the timing usually between telesales being trained on a device and it going on sale. The answer I received was between 1-2 days of training the phone is usually launched. The lady I spoke with on the phone this time was one of the few I have spoken with that had not received training on it yet, but she mentioned that she has training on it tomorrow. Most of the people I spoke with received training on the Nexus last week. So maybe she is the tail end and maybe that is a good sign for this week.

Reactions: bigcatman

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I checked early this morning, but I also had to get up because of my commute, so at least that wasn't the only reason.

I just hope if they do allow pre-orders on the 25th then they allow us to do it really early because I have to be at work by 6:00 and I don't want to miss out on the first shipments an get stuck waiting a few weeks.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Dude, why would you even bother getting up at 6? You honestly thought VZW was going to launch?

You give them far too much credit.

Also, knowing VZW reps, she has no idea when the real preorder date will be, but if it is the 25th, that might mitigate some of the community outrage.

Seriously. Verizon's twitter and facebook pages are being stormed by a hoard of angry nerds.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The store manager at my local corporate store is convinced it will be out on Black Friday. And i just bought a Razr from them so they already got what they wanted. They all knew about the phone and seemed to think it will be a flagship phone to combat the iPhone. I had to laugh at that one.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Haha! I've never done this before, at least about a phone. I called Verizon and the rep said he was waiting on it himself but, had not idea when it was going to be released. He said when you start seeing commercials, you will know it's close. That's funny because, I wasn't even expecting any commercials.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Didn't you guys sign up for Galaxy Nexus update on the VZW GN landing page?

I think we will be notified when it's going to be released.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes I did sign up, I also signed up for it prior to the release of the Motorola Xoom tablet. I had the Xoom for 3 days before I received the email.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Maybe I will get an email along with the one for the thunderbolt release that I never got. I know they have my email because I get their junk mail WELL after it was released.

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for both the VZW GN announcement and on the Samsung GN info page. Phil said that we will still hear it first here on AC before we get those e-mails.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm in. As soon as it's available, it's mine. I apologize to the crowds in advance. ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty