Can't update or download apps using WiFi

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Getting and updating apps using LTE on the Android Market works great for me. Using my Wifi to surf the web works great for me. However when I go to use the Android Market over Wifi, it doesn't work. Any idea what is going on?

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It might help to be a little more descriptive of the problem, other than "it doesn't work." Exactly what error is being displayed, or what behavior are you experiencing?

More information would probably solicit more suggestions to solve the problem... just sayin'...

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It might help to be a little more descriptive of the problem, other than "it doesn't work." Exactly what error is being displayed, or what behavior are you experiencing?

More information would probably solicit more suggestions to solve the problem... just sayin'...

No error messaging - it gets stuck on downloading - I hope that helps.

pioneerkaren

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. No matter what I do, the apps never finish downloading. The bar just spins and spins. If I try to download an app, it says I need wi-fi. I have wi-fi, so what is the deal?:mad:

rich_r

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

WIFI works fine for me.

I did have a similar problem on my OG Droid. When I had that problem, you could clear it up by going into Google Talk and sign out and then sign in. Seems like credential management was not quite right.

You could also go into Apps (All) find Market and "Clear Data" (you'll need to re-accept market terms, but other than that there is nothing lost by clearing data).

Reactions: mozy

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! This happens on my Droid X too, so maybe it has something to with the router. I'll try these solutions and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty