Battery Bug Fix on Nexus

lechejuan

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I noticed a really interesting bug, my battery on my nexus was atrocious, so I started digging into all the setting and found something out. I tried disabling both Google's location service, and Location & Google search and my battery life has now doubled due to this which is amazing. Thought you should all know, here's a pic of it.

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a really interesting bug, my battery on my nexus was atrocious, so I started digging into all the setting and found something out. I tried disabling both Google's location service, and Location & Google search and my battery life has now doubled due to this which is amazing. Thought you should all know, here's a pic of it.

Its not a bug, its called Google constantly pinging your phone for location and draining the battery. I turn off all location services unless I am using Maps, etc. On moderate use for myself I'm getting a full 24 hours.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I get great battery with GPS, though it DOES take juice. Full days with GPS. Have you seen the battery life thread? Amazing :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11