Mic cutting out mid call, seems to be a widespread issue.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ah, glad to see there are a bunch of other people having this problem. Its extremely annoying! I get it pretty often, thankfully I use the computer side of my phone more than the phone side.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be only related to Wireless to wireless connection. I didn't have a drop or a mic malfunction on LAN lines yet.

Can someone verify?

krittenhouse

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I just called Verizon Wireless about this issue. After telling the tier 1 support person, that I had done multiple factory resets and battery pulls, she connected me to tier 2 support. I told the tier 2 support person that the phone was stock, I had not signed into my Google account, that there we no apps installed on the phone, and that the issue persisted. He immediately told me he would overnight a new phone to me via FedEx. Not a perfect solution, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Was very surprised at how quick he was to offer a replacement, sounds like they are aware of this issue.

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No issues here with the mic. Doesn't sound as good as my Motorola phones but it has never malfunctioned...... yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be only related to Wireless to wireless connection. I didn't have a drop or a mic malfunction on LAN lines yet.

Can someone verify?

I have had the problem while talking to a Verizon rep. So I don't think it's just wireless to wireless. I do think it happens more when i talk to my gf on her droid charge than any of my other friends.

Do you any of you have force gpu rendering on? I was running gummy nexus .70 and I was getting the problem like every other call, and I had force gpu rendering on. I flashed back to stock and haven't turned on force gpu rendering and it's been a week and I have not had the problem. Now I probably will just because I said it here. :/

TxSurfer

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you all have a problem with call dropping after mic cuts out. My GF and mine unlocked Nexus on T-Mobile drop after mic cuts out. Couldn't pass on the 399 price but if this problem isn't fixed i'll have to send back to google. Going to give the ones there sending a try first though.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would also like to know if people are still having problems. This alone makes me want to buy a new phone and just put stock ICS on it.

Im on the IMM07K Build 4.0.4 now. I barely talk on the phone so i haven't noticed it yet.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced the problem. Most of the time, I'm using my bluetooth hands free though. I've never really liked having to hold the phone if I don't have too.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I had my Nexus replaced about two weeks ago because the random reboots and lock-ups got so bad that the phone was unusable. Now, i've got the mic cutting out on every call. At first it was after about 20 minutes, then about 10, and now it's as soon as the call connects. The other person can't hear me, but I can hear them just fine.

Also, it doesn't matter if I'm using the phone normally (held to my head), using the built-in speaker phone, using a wired headset, or using bluetooth (headset or speakerphone). It does the exact same thing no matter how I make the call.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Mic cut has been a long time issue with the phone. Nice phone but has too many software issues. I returned mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly my issue with this phone (that plus the screeching in my ear). I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything else about it. But I just can't use it without this being fixed. I need a phone for work, for family, etc. We don't have a landline anymore, so if our phones don't work then people can't get a hold of us. I really wish this was fixed/figured out so I could use it again. I miss Android and am completely bored by this 4S.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
So I had two calls this afternoon from my office maybe fifteen minutes apart. The first call was a half hour long with no issues. The second call I had the no volume issue twice. The second time volume cut out was only a couple minutes after calling back. I work in a building with Verizon signal extenders so it's not like I have horrible signal. It's not every call but when it does happen it sucks.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Usually happens on long calls I found my fix I use a bt headset. No more silence

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

beanbrown

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This is getting worse for me. I got to thinking that it might be because I'm using Google Voice? Anyone NOT using GV have this issue (apologies if I missed that in the previous posts)?

Also, I have been switching to Talkatone/GV for long calls and although the quality is a bit less, it doesn't cut out...ever (and I don't even use any minutes). Only downside is that it seems to require 4G unless I'm around wireless, so just have to be aware of that...last month while I was testing, I used about .2G data and <10mins calling...I'm considering just dropping my plan and getting a mifi, lol.

Bean

dtokarz

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
This is getting worse for me. I got to thinking that it might be because I'm using Google Voice? Anyone NOT using GV have this issue (apologies if I missed that in the previous posts)?

Also, I have been switching to Talkatone/GV for long calls and although the quality is a bit less, it doesn't cut out...ever (and I don't even use any minutes). Only downside is that it seems to require 4G unless I'm around wireless, so just have to be aware of that...last month while I was testing, I used about .2G data and <10mins calling...I'm considering just dropping my plan and getting a mifi, lol.

Bean

I don't use GV and I have this issue. When it does happen I can throw it to speakerphone and continue the call.

Reactions: seanubis

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The frequency of the mic cutting out on my second handset has gotten worse since the 4.0.4 OTA update. It is not related to Volume +, have tried it without having Volume + installed. It is not the length of call, I have had it happen right away when answering a call. This is a bad bug that not everyone experiences. I think it has to do with environments that have poor signal reception. I'm afraid I can no longer subject my friends, family and customers with this hassle. Too bad, I really love this device if it could only also be a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333tmh