Text messages won't delete

cohiba22

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I try delete a text message thread, it deletes the thread, but then creates a new thread for the same contact titled '(no subject)'. There are no messages associated with the new thread, just the contact listed in my text message list. Another thing to note, the date tagged with the new thread is 1969. Any ideas as to what is happening?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
try this... settings...apps...select all... find the messaging app and clear data. See if that helps. You are logged into your Gmail account. Right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cohiba22

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that would work, but will that delete all my messages? I'd hate for that to happen. Was hoping to just delete the messages I wanted to. Also, if that's a temporary fix, I'll probably have to do that each time right?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had to clear data once due to a mod that I flashed for the messaging app. Only did it that once and I was good. Also did it last night to test it out for another forum member. To see if clearing the data would wipe the threads. It didn't wipe anything. Just do it at your own risk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jaredisagenius

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same problem! I have the LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile. I rooted it several months ago using gingerbreak and have had no problems other than the lack of speed and memory. Recently, though, when i delete a text message, it will create a new thread with the original contact and say "no subject" and the date is 12/31/1969. I use Go SMS, but this shows up in my regular messaging app as well. I have tried clearing data in both apps (settings>applications>manage applications>all ). Any ideas how to fix this. This is extremely annoying and im afraid that at some point this will fill all my internal memory and i will lose the ability to receive text messages. Please Help!! :confused:

nsalguero

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Same issue! Started 2 days ago and same time stamp. Very annoying. Have the Motorola Atrix HD and tried clearing data, uninstalling text app (GoSms) and even did a soft reset with no luck. :-\

Courtney Christians

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Go to App settings, Find Text messaging under "all apps" & Click on Clear Cache. It won't delete all your text messages. Just the messages you've tried to delete in the past that haven't deleted. :)