Annoying Droplet Sound

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the stupid water droplet sound when pressing the screen. Yes I've turned it down in sound, but I want to hear something when I press an icon for feedback. Is there a good way to replace it with the stock JB sound?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted yes, if not probably not. If you're rooted, mount /system as read only and replace the file /system/media/audio/ui/S_HW_Touch.ogg and TW_Touch with whatever sound you want.

alvarez13

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
If you're rooted yes, if not probably not. If you're rooted, mount /system as read only and replace the file /system/media/audio/ui/S_HW_Touch.ogg and TW_Touch with whatever sound you want.
Yah, I took my Effect_Tick.ogg off my nexus and renamed it to those 2 files and then added the 2 you mentioned (after backing up the originals and changing .ogg to .bak). It did not work immediately, but after a quick restart I am one happy customer. When I get a system update, will it screw these up again? It's an easy fix, but just curious.

Maybe I'll spend the rest of my day changing my battery full sound to a burp.ogg =)

For anyone else who wants to do this, just download root explorer and replace the files previously mentioned and make sure the permissions are the same. Attached is the file I replaced them with from my Galaxy Nexus.

Attachments

• Effect_Tick.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 87

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yah, I took my Effect_Tick.ogg off my nexus and renamed it to those 2 files and then added the 2 you mentioned (after backing up the originals and changing .ogg to .bak). It did not work immediately, but after a quick restart I am one happy customer. When I get a system update, will it screw these up again? It's an easy fix, but just curious.

Maybe I'll spend the rest of my day changing my battery full sound to a burp.ogg =)

For anyone else who wants to do this, just download root explorer and replace the files previously mentioned and make sure the permissions are the same. Attached is the file I replaced them with from my Galaxy Nexus.

An update will only mess up those sounds IF they've included the original sounds in the update package. If not, you're good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty