display

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
how does everyone stand the dim light where you can't even see when you go on the internet. I even turned the auto off and turned light all the way up and it is still dim. returning the cellphone just because of that feature

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
how does everyone stand the dim light where you can't even see when you go on the internet. I even turned the auto off and turned light all the way up and it is still dim. returning the cellphone just because of that feature

Did you make sure the power savings options aren't selected? If they aren't checked and auto brightness isn't checked, you can set the brightness to what you want and it shouldn't be any dimmer than the rest of the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
someone on here suggested a different browser and that fixed it. stock browser dimmed it at least 20%. I downloaded dolphin and no light dimming. if I couldn't have fixed that I was taking it back.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
someone on here suggested a different browser and that fixed it. stock browser dimmed it at least 20%. I downloaded dolphin and no light dimming. if I couldn't have fixed that I was taking it back.

Glad you got it fixed and didn't have to return it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
MY Verizon GS3 has a separate brightness setting for the stock browser. Open the browser and touch Menu > Brightness and colors, turn off Automatic and set it to what brightness you want.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
MY Verizon GS3 has a separate brightness setting for the stock browser. Open the browser and touch Menu > Brightness and colors, turn off Automatic and set it to what brightness you want.

Bingo. I realize not everyone may be able to find that setting (of course, I just Googled it, which anyone can do), but I can't believe that they'll actual accept a return for a device when it's an easily fixable problem.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I didn't return it, someone in this forum made a suggestions on to download another browser which I did. dolphin and the light no longer dims. but it definitely dims in stock browser. I was in Verizon today and the salesman had as a personal phone the galaxy. I started talking about my problem and solution and he said his dims too. and thanked me for the solution. two things in a previous post, I did do everything that was suggested in the settings and I still had a 20% light dimmer, and two, I can have any dumb reason to return my phone under 14 days and Verizon is required by law to take it back.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I didn't return it, someone in this forum made a suggestions on to download another browser which I did. dolphin and the light no longer dims. but it definitely dims in stock browser. I was in Verizon today and the salesman had as a personal phone the galaxy. I started talking about my problem and solution and he said his dims too. and thanked me for the solution. two things in a previous post, I did do everything that was suggested in the settings and I still had a 20% light dimmer, and two, I can have any dumb reason to return my phone under 14 days and Verizon is required by law to take it back.

Within the 14 days? Absolutely -- however I wasn't really directing that comment at you, more to the CS reps to don't take the time to learn the devices they're supposed to be troubleshooting. Plus I thought you referring to a warranty claim, not the 14-day return period.

Anyway, it bugged the crap out of me as first as well, so just so we're on the same page as far as the stock browser brightness setting is concerned:
1. Open Stock Browser
2. Hit "menu" button
3. Scroll menu down a few items (this is where I was originally lost, because I didn't realize there were more menu items in the popup menu)
4. Click on "Brightness and Colors"
5. Uncheck "Automatic Brightness" and adjust to desired level

Once you do that, the auto-dim in stock browser should be gone ... at least it is for me.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why they have a separate brightness setting for the browser is beyond me. The system level brightness controls should be enough and it's a pain if you're manually setting your brightness level to have to alter the browser's too.