transfering contact help

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
My daighter received her first smart phone yesterday. She has had a basic LG slide phone before. Can someone tell me how I can transfer he contacts from her old phone to her new S3?

Thank you.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If your daughter can't figure this out, she is not worthy of a smartphone :D

All kidding aside, Verizon had its Backup Assistant available on dumb phones, so assuming that she made a backup using that feature it should be simple to download the contacts to her new phone. I'm surprised that the folks in the store didn't offer to do this for you when she upgraded - if you ordered online, it may be simpler to just take the old phone and new phone to the nearest Verizon company store and ask them to take care of it.
As a last resort, I remember being able to transfer one contact at a time between phones (sending vcf files? ahh, it's been too long ago).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Back up assistant would've been the way to go. If it was running on the old phone, you just need to run it on the new one and sync the contacts. If it was never enabled, she's in trouble then. The old phone would need to be re-activated to run Back up assistant.