See your Rezound NAKED!!!

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha, just kidding. This is a teardown of the Rezound straight to the circuit board.

HTC’s Rezound gets an FCC tear down |

Was looking this up because I was interested in finding out if it were possible to replace the 16GB internal storage with a 32GB unit, and then have a 32GB "external" microSD to boot. End result: No, not worth it.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Haha, just kidding. This is a teardown of the Rezound straight to the circuit board.

HTC’s Rezound gets an FCC tear down |

Was looking this up because I was interested in finding out if it were possible to replace the 16GB internal storage with a 32GB unit, and then have a 32GB "external" microSD to boot. End result: No, not worth it.

I can't imagine trying to do that. Its hard enough taking a laptop apart. But taking a smartphone apart would be so much trickier.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
For me not so much. My life since high school has been computer oriented, mostly as a hobby, and I've had an "electrical" career under my belt as well. My idea actually came from the Nook (IIRC) e-reader, which actually had a MicroSD card as its internal storage. I was curious if HTC went the same route or had a surface mounted memory chip. It was the latter :)

And while it is still "possible" to replace the 16GB internal storage, it is far beyond the scope of worthwhile for the amount of work and research it would take.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Is not that difficult. I've had my incredible apart several times with no ill effects. (had issues of fine metal sneaking past speaker screens due to work conditions).

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Had the hook in there after reading the caps NAKED. Way too small on those solder spots so you won't see me looking at the PCB's:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony