finally got to use 4g in wilmington nc

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
drove to wilmington nc today to buy a car. pulled out my phone to make a call an saw 4g logo an started watching youtube an dloading apps an ect....wow supa dupa fast. i hope my hometown fayetteville gets switched on this thursday as some markets are rumored to go live. an wilmington is still listed on the coming soon

anyone else in nc see the 4g lite up yet, besides charolotte

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it is supa. I was impressed.

I haven't seen your special Cool Story Bro in a while and I miss it. I would have posted it as my reply here. :)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
drove to wilmington nc today to buy a car. pulled out my phone to make a call an saw 4g logo an started watching youtube an dloading apps an ect....wow supa dupa fast. i hope my hometown fayetteville gets switched on this thursday as some markets are rumored to go live. an wilmington is still listed on the coming soon

Follow @verizonwireless on Twitter. They have 6 tweets of the cities going live on Thursday. Wilmington and Fayettesville were 2 of them.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

ji001

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
nice, thanks for the heads up. I am in NC as well and only saw 4g in charlotte. Seeing wilmington having 4g gives me hope. Im in the triad area (winston/greensboro/highpoint), no sign of 4g yet.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Raleigh-Durham nor Fayetteville-Lumberton have been tweeted yet for the Thursday launch. Still on the list as coming soon along with a few other major cities in NC.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com

Dude, get that SpeedTest.net app and see how fast it is! I want to compare since we just got it in Columbia, SC.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Raleigh-Durham nor Fayetteville-Lumberton have been tweeted yet for the Thursday launch. Still on the list as coming soon along with a few other major cities in NC.

Huh... I am either losing it or they took it down. I have been really tired today so maybe I just imagined it. Then again I'm in a launch city so I'm not exactly watching all that closely.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yea i rarely check my twitter anymore..i just dont have time for it. but thats great news if its official. but 3 speedtests i did i got 18 down 18 up.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
That is wrong. You can not use the old speed test app. You need the new redone app. Up should always be between 500k-5mb give or take.

well.....i didnt have the app as there was no reason for me to have with not 4g. so i downloaded today at about 2pm, looking at results now. 18093 down 18357 up 133ms ping off washington dc server

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
well.....i didnt have the app as there was no reason for me to have with not 4g. so i downloaded today at about 2pm, looking at results now. 18093 down 18357 up 133ms ping off washington dc server

Is that right now with the new app? Or earlier? Completely Revamped Speedtest.net 2.0 Android App Now In The Market, Finally Catches Up To Its iOS Counterpart | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police Is this what you are using?

kruegs35

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
PJnc284, any news on if the Wilmington 4g reached your parents 15 miles out? I'll moving to Wilmington soon, so I'm curious how big the coverage area is.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Nothing as of this past weekend. They're west of Wilmington along Hwy 74-76 and from what I've seen, coverage is flaky at best on that road even where it should be covered according to the map so not sure how long it'll take them to expand out. Good thing is that you can enjoy 4G on pretty much all of the beaches down that way. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa