"Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?"

tommyg530

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I received my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by Verizon last friday in the mail. I was upgrading from an iPhone 4. I spent all week trying to transfer my contacts, music, photos and text messages over. Succeeded yesterday using Easy Phone Sync, when Samsung Smart Switch and Android File Transfer didn't work. MY text messaging worked fine until today. I'm still receiving messages and I'm able to send but it's sluggish. The screen often freezes while in MESSAGES and I get the following error message ""Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?" Can anyone help please?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I received my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by Verizon last friday in the mail. I was upgrading from an iPhone 4. I spent all week trying to transfer my contacts, music, photos and text messages over. Succeeded yesterday using Easy Phone Sync, when Samsung Smart Switch and Android File Transfer didn't work. MY text messaging worked fine until today. I'm still receiving messages and I'm able to send but it's sluggish. The screen often freezes while in MESSAGES and I get the following error message ""Messages isn't responding. Do you want to close?" Can anyone help please?
That's an odd issue to be having on such a new device. Try going to Settings > Applications > All > Messaging and clear the cache. Don't clear data as that will erase all text messages. See if that helps and let us know.

If it doesn't, take a look at a third-party Messaging App from the Play Store and see if you have better success with that. Still, don't think you should be having those issues with the stock messaging App.