Verizon software update 1 week later.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Loving life post update. Granted I had to do the factory reset but definitely less lag, better reception and a wifi toggle. Battery life is still as good as it was pre update.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to do it through Kies since it keeps giving me an error OTA

Kies giving you an error? You with verizon? I just plugged my phone to my laptop and started kies. Had to install a new version of keis before it worked. But the new version notification should come up for kies. Once finished with installing new version of kies it told me there is a new update for the s4. Just followed the procedure and it went pretty smoothly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

JohnMFred

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I factory reset to get the wifi toggle but I was pretty irritated to find that I still have that stupid Tap to Configure Wifi bar on the Notification Panel. Everything thing else seems about the same as before the update.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
mine seems to be back to normal today as far as battery goes finally not sure why i didnt end up doing the factory reset i did do a battery pull and turned the phone off and on a few times and restarted it a few times so far yesterday and today are going good though.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mije is finally realy fixed. I unchexked the box to let google use wifi to find location. Before, if I ever shut wifi off, major battery drain with the culprit being google services. Some experimenting later, unchecked that box, left gps on for google now, and I am a happy guy. 3.5 hours of screen time, 30 minutes on phone, 2 hours of bluetooth streaming yesterday.

fart

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Right after I received my S4 this past Saturday, I did the update right away and then did a factory reset. At first, the battery was lasting only about 7 hours but it was because I was using it heavy. Yesterday, it lasted over 15 hours before I plugged it in to charge. Not experiencing major lag like others are,so I am lucky.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery seems fine after the update. I have not done a factory reset. The Wifi toggle isn't worth re-setting up my phone. I just have a toggle through beautiful widgets. I'm kind of hoping another update comes out soon that will be a real update that doesn't require a factory reset.

Nathaniel Grimes

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the update, when I use my mhl adapter the audio doesn't come out of my TV, it comes out of the S4 speaker. I've tried two factory resets on my phone and even one on the TV. I have no idea what to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87