Starting camera causes reboot

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used my camera in two weeks or so and I tried to start it this morning. My phone immediately restarted. I tried a few more times and it did the same thing. The only main change I have made is that I installed adw launcher ex yesterday and started using it. Also, I am using Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2). Has anyone else had this issue and has it been linked to any specific change or install of a program? Thanks so much for any help. This forum is awesome!

EDIT: I made the stock launcher the default launcher and stopped adw. Trying to start the camera caused the restart again. I don't know if this means ADW has nothing to do with it but I thought I would mention it.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue on cm7. The best fix I can find is to launch it from the app drawer and not use the camera button untilled the camera app is running.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue on cm7. The best fix I can find is to launch it from the app drawer and not use the camera button untilled the camera app is running.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it does the same thing no matter how I open/start the camera: app drawer (camera/camcorder), hard camera button, google goggles, barcode scanner....

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I ended up restoring a pre-flashing backup. Then, I reflashed the rom and the camera works fine. I am going to start returning the phone back to how I had and hope I can find what caused the issue in the first place. I'll post if I figure it out in case someone else down the road has the same problems.

ali_yahyaie

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
This issue is from the Battery! You can check it by plug the power adapter in your device to charge and if it solved, you battery need to replace! some devices lost the battery status and could not define the battery real charge, so, the camera that use most power from battery cause the device to reboot!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89