OFFICIAL I'm buying the Kindle Fire thread!

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Once they dropped the price of the Flyer, it was a no-brainer...I sold my NC 10 minutes ago.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yep, ordered mine yesterday. I have the B&W Kindle but want the color. Will be a nice addition to my other tablets.

w9zo

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
According to the analyst firm eDataSource, which tracks consumer purchases, Amazon already received 95,000 orders on day one for the Kindle Fire.

Elis60660

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I already ordered one. I figure I have 6 weeks to read about it and really make my decision, but this way I'm in line early if I decide to go through with it. It will be interesting to see what comes out. For instance - will Netflix work on the Fire?

I was on the fence about ordering a Galaxy Tab 10.1, but the Fire and a new Kindle Touch would be less money combined and still give me the EInk device that I really prefer for reading. The only problem is that I would need to carry 2 devices on vacations etc (especially when I might be reading outdoors), but that would have been the case with any other Tablet as well.

I preordered the Kindle Fire and Touch for the same reason. :) I also ordered an 11k mAh battery/charger, covers for both devices and a bag. I guess their scheme in selling the Fire dirt cheap to get you to buy other crap worked on me. :p

drd1135#AC

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
The older Kindles are very low drama devices. They are simple and do what they do very well. A big part of that is Amazon's support system, content and customer services. The Fire is a very different device, but I'm hoping the Amazon philosophy continues.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Note there have been over 250,000 preorders. That already makes the Kindle more successful than the smaller brand name tablets.

gus6464

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the Kindle Fire and Touch for the same reason. :) I also ordered an 11k mAh battery/charger, covers for both devices and a bag. I guess their scheme in selling the Fire dirt cheap to get you to buy other crap worked on me. :p

The fire has a replaceable battery?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Elis60660

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The fire has a replaceable battery?

I don't believe it does. The iCruiser is an external battery pack that you can carry around with you, if you plan on not having access to an outlet easily. The brief description looks like it's just for Apple products, but it's for anything that charges via USB or a USB adapter. It's working well for my Kindle and Evo 4G so far. Below is a link to it:

Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad 2, ipad, iPhone 4 4G 3Gs 3G (AT&T and verizon) , iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP

gus6464

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The Fire is more like BB Playbook spec wise which is no slouch. I bought a Flyer when it was on sale and it's too laggy for my tastes compared to my iPad 2 so it's going back.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The Fire is more like BB Playbook spec wise which is no slouch. I bought a Flyer when it was on sale and it's too laggy for my tastes compared to my iPad 2 so it's going back.

The Playbook has 1 gig of RAM, while Fire has 512 meg, but most other specs are the same (besides the lower storage).

The Fire is so much better than an Ideapad, the interface on the Fire is really great compared to boring Ideapad. Specs aren't the most important, the user experience is most important (which is why Apple is the top tech company).

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an Acer Iconia A500, but I preorded the Fire in the first couple of minutes it was available. May not be a Android tablet, but at least you can get Prime video, and purchase rent movies. I can hardly watch crap on my Iconia. The Netflix. "fix" has the aspect of of a funhouse mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez