Hotspot Connecting

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Amazon Tap connected and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. Just wondering who else owns this gadget as I will figure it out over the weekend. I have the 3.99 unlimited music subscription attached to it. It's in a purple case from Amazon as well.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Before you can connect Amazon Tap to a Wi-Fi hotspot, you need:
• The latest software update (120005720 or higher) for Amazon Tap
• The Alexa app on a supported mobile device
• A cellular service plan that supports Wi-Fi hotspots

Note: When you set up your Amazon Tap for the first time, the option to connect your device to a mobile hotspot may not be available. You should connect your Amazon Tap to your home Wi-Fi network to download and install the latest software update that enables this feature. To learn how, go to Alexa Device Software Updates.

To connect Amazon Tap to a Wi-Fi hotspot:
1. Go to the settings menu on your mobile device and search for a Wi-Fi hotspot option.
2. Copy the network name and password for your hotspot.
3. In the Alexa app, select the Devices icon "".
4. Select your Amazon Tap.
5. Select Change next to Wi-Fi Network.
6. Choose from a list of available Wi-Fi networks.
Note: The Alexa app may ask you to manually connect your device to your Amazon Tap through your Wi-Fi settings.

7. Scroll down and select Use this device as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
8. Select Start.
9. Enter the network name and password for your hotspot and select Connect. Make sure to enter all the network information correctly. If the network information is incorrect, Amazon Tap won't be able to connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot.
10. Go to your phone's settings menu and turn on your Wi-Fi hotspot. Your Amazon Tap searches for your Wi-Fi hotspot. When Amazon Tap connects to the hotspot, Alexa then confirms a successful connection.

Important: When you use your mobile device as a Wi-Fi hotspot, Amazon Tap uses the device's data connection. This may result in additional charges from your service provider depending on your current data plan. If you have questions about data usage, you should contact your service provider for more information.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Galactic Zoo. I ended up having to use the alexa.amazon.com website while on the phone with Amazon Echo products tech support. We could not do the normal set up NOR could I completely factory reset the Tap. They could not see 2 different factory erases on their end but they could see the device online. So, long story short, I have to use the online site in order to do anything with my Tap again. I do have it connected to my U11+ and I will leave it at that as it connects at home just fine. Good thing I have a warranty on it as Amazon no longer makes the The Tap per the rep I spoke to. Thanks again for your assistance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87