huawei Acsend y300

bison1947

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Got a huawei y300 yesterday very happy with it except i have a problem with themes.
i have downloaded a few themes from google play and they have downloaded and installed
but i just cannot find them anywhere on the phone.
They are not in the themes or on the sd card any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Bill

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean wallpapers? Basic Android doesn't use themes, so if you installed something that is called a theme on Google Play, chances are it was intended for use with a 3rd party launcher app like Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. 3rd party launchers change the way homescreens look and act.

If you downloaded wallpapers, there are two different kinds--static and live. A live wallpaper will be called "live wallpaper" or "LWP," while static wallpapers are generally just called "wallpaper." To apply a wallpaper, press and hold any blank area of your homescreen until a menu appears, giving you the option to apply wallpapers or live wallpapers. It should be fairly self-explanatory from there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, let me correct myself. I looked at your phone's manual (Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..), and see that it does have a theme function. Themes aren't part of "vanilla" Android (i.e., the basic Android that is unmodified by phone manufacturers--essentially what you get in a Nexus device). But phone manufacturers can modify Android, and add some features like themes--so it appears yours has that function.

It's important to look carefully at the themes you downloaded to make sure they are intended for Huawei phones, and not for 3rd party launchers as I mentioned previously. If they are for Huawei phones, then make sure you're following the instructions in the manual on pg 18.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non