HELP! Phone is stuck at "Firmware Upgrade Issue"

miarouge

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this was posted before. I've tried reading a few relating to the problem but I can't seem to get the handle of it. I am using Samsung Galaxy S3, model GT-I9300. So I accidentally deleted a huge file in my phone earlier and I was trying to recover the file by rooting the phone and using this apps called DiskDigger. I obviously made a huge mistake as I have now made it worse. Long story short, I've used tips from multiple websites and youtube videos so now my phone is basically forever showing this right now Firmware-upgrade-error.png

After reading a few threat, some people suggested to hold the volume down + home + power but this made no difference. I can't switch it off, it will blank out for 3 sec and go back to saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I installed Kies but the device will not connect to my laptop for some reason. I have uninstall and reinstall Keis a few times. I've tried every single USB port on my laptop and even the extended USB port but none of them work too. I used my sister's android for Kies and it's working fine, so the problem is my phone.

I have already downloaded ODIN 3.07. I read in one of the thread that I have to put in a .tar file. Another person had the same problem as me (http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...bean/319267-stuck-firmware-upgrade-issue.html) and it seemed to be working for him but I don't know what the .tar file is. Can someone please help me?

I was so dumb to do think I could do this on my own but at the time I was desperate to get my deleted file back. Right now I don't care if that file is gone, I just hope I get my phone back. is there a way to fix my phone without deleting everything on it? Thank you in advance

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this was posted before. I've tried reading a few relating to the problem but I can't seem to get the handle of it. I am using Samsung Galaxy S3, model GT-I9300. So I accidentally deleted a huge file in my phone earlier and I was trying to recover the file by rooting the phone and using this apps called DiskDigger. I obviously made a huge mistake as I have now made it worse. Long story short, I've used tips from multiple websites and youtube videos so now my phone is basically forever showing this right now View attachment 102590

After reading a few threat, some people suggested to hold the volume down + home + power but this made no difference. I can't switch it off, it will blank out for 3 sec and go back to saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I installed Kies but the device will not connect to my laptop for some reason. I have uninstall and reinstall Keis a few times. I've tried every single USB port on my laptop and even the extended USB port but none of them work too. I used my sister's android for Kies and it's working fine, so the problem is my phone.

I have already downloaded ODIN 3.07. I read in one of the thread that I have to put in a .tar file. Another person had the same problem as me (http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...bean/319267-stuck-firmware-upgrade-issue.html) and it seemed to be working for him but I don't know what the .tar file is. Can someone please help me?

I was so dumb to do think I could do this on my own but at the time I was desperate to get my deleted file back. Right now I don't care if that file is gone, I just hope I get my phone back. is there a way to fix my phone without deleting everything on it? Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forums.
Try pulling the battery for a few minutes, and try going into Download mode (Volume down+power+home) and see if that helps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OMG it's not that serious is it? What about the Odin thing and firmware file people keep mentioning about? I feel so stupid right now. Its CNY holiday and the stores would be closed, is there really no other way I can temporarily fix it?

One last thing to try with Kies. Try downloading and installing drivers again. Restart the PC and try different USB ports and cables.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty