Updated to KitKat, no longer receive MMS from certain friends

JummyBerry

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
When I did an update about a year ago I could no longer get mms messages. Then there was an update a few months ago and all of a sudden I was able to receive MMS again. Then I updated again 2 days ago and again, cannot see MMS from certain people.. HTC phones I think. I was on the phone w/ ATT and Samsung yesterday for about 2 hours. I finally did what they said-backup on Kies and factory reset. Not only did the reset not fix the MMS issue, Kies did NOT back up my phone. So BAM! just like that, my phone has lost everything. Thanks to gmail, I got my apps back... but all blank, like I had never used them. Lost my texts, contacts, etc.. and still not receiving MMS. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
When I did an update about a year ago I could no longer get mms messages. Then there was an update a few months ago and all of a sudden I was able to receive MMS again. Then I updated again 2 days ago and again, cannot see MMS from certain people.. HTC phones I think. I was on the phone w/ ATT and Samsung yesterday for about 2 hours. I finally did what they said-backup on Kies and factory reset. Not only did the reset not fix the MMS issue, Kies did NOT back up my phone. So BAM! just like that, my phone has lost everything. Thanks to gmail, I got my apps back... but all blank, like I had never used them. Lost my texts, contacts, etc.. and still not receiving MMS. Any ideas?

What kind of phone do you have? Also, save your contacts to google/gmail. If you already do this, you should have still been able to retain your contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo