lollipop on N7 2012...i'm switching to windows

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
flashed the image, and i've been playing around with it most of the day.

right off the bat, i was hoping the stutter while scrolling would be gone. nope. in fact worse than ever.

response when hitting the home button is sloooow.

i guess the ability to uninstall bloatware does not pertain to google's own apps. i'm still seeing this stupid e-mail. and while i use chrome on my desktop, i hate it on my androids. but there it is.

i'm sure hoping that the factory image is merely a work in progress, because my device worked with no lag or stutter on a 4.4.4 custom rom. too soon to see about battery improvements. i'll stick with it if the rumored battery improvements come to pass.

of course, in development options this lag can be largely fixed, but i should not have to limit background processes.

all in all, a disappointment. my low end lumia, with all of 512mb of ram, still out performs every android i've had except for my moto x.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing as far as lag goes. I'm shocked. This feels half baked to me. Lollipop looks nice, but the hit in performance may not be worth it.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
It's running fine on my N7. I installed the image, wiped the system cache and everything is pretty smooth. There has been no hit in performance as far as my device is concerned, in fact it seems to be performing better.

Last edited:

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine was running very slow at first, but it was also installing all of my apps in the background by trying to restore itself.

After all of my auto downloads were completed, it ran much smoother than my 4.4.4 build. Lollipop breathed some new life into this little guy.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is running great also! I used Wug's toolkit to flash mine. The extra step I took was I wiped the cache partition after the final boot.

Running really smooth for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 7 (2012) never was good. The 2013 version is very nice. I have both, and the difference between them is quite prominent.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nexus devices come with Google Apps and Services. If you're looking for AOSP you can build that from the open source code provided and it does not include Gmail, Chrome, etc.