Remove Lockscreen Notifications While Retaining Status Bar Notifications

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
All I want is simple:

No notifications on the lock screen (unless they have transparent background! Don't think that is possible yet?).

I want to retain notifications in the status bar.

I want to be able to pull down my notification shade on the lock screen to see my text message notification so that I can open, reply or ignore it.

Has anyone been able to make this possible? I have root access if needed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Howdy! I assume this is for your G3, right? The Nexus 5 has an option in Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, where you can select Show All Notification Content, Hide Sensitive Notification Content, or Don't Show Notifications at All. This should just affect the lockscreen notifications. Do you have that setting?

Macarim

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Howdy! I assume this is for your G3, right? The Nexus 5 has an option in Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, where you can select Show All Notification Content, Hide Sensitive Notification Content, or Don't Show Notifications at All. This should just affect the lockscreen notifications. Do you have that setting?

Yes, but the main issue has not been resolved. Before this latest update the ONLY notification on the lock screen were up in the status/notification bar. YEAH!!!!
NOT on the phone screen itself. Ugh
NOW notifications are on the phone screen and not in the status bar up top. UGH
YES you can go in to setting and change it, but that only affects the "onscreen" notifications.
If I change the settings to hide all then there is nothing on the screen right? -- Right.
But that does not resolve the issue of "where did the icons in the status bar" go? They have been there since I have had my device.
I want to JUST see notifications up in the status bar are......and yes I have a Samsung Galaxy 5s.
The image below is merely for explanatory reasons.

Here is a screen shot that hopefully clears things up....wp.jpg

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try installing some of the many lockscreen replacement apps on Google Play Store, but I'm actually not sure how many of them are compatible with Lollipop.