How to Disable Battery fully charged notification?

Foques

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

My phone recently got the nightmare people call lollipop..
While there are many annoyances with this release, I'd like to ask for help with one of them this time.

How do I disable the "Batterycharged. Disconnect phone" notification?
This notification is useless to me, and I want it disabled, but I can't seem to turn it off on my phone.

It is an sprint's s5; not rooted.
help?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
This feels like a stupid question, but did you go into the battery settings? You should also be able to control notifications in your programs settings.

Foques

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
not stupid at all. But yes, I did go through all menus.
The only one I can imagine would be suitable for this is in the battery app itself, but the show notifications box is checked AND greyed out.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 with Android 5 does not give me a notice when the battery is full. I've had Android 5.0, 5.0.1, and now 5.1. None gave me a notice when my battery was full. So, I'm assuming it's not Android and is an added feature of your particular brand of phone.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like some thing the S5 is doing, I to have a Nexus 5 and it does not notify me when it's fully charged.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a TMO Note 3 and have the same frustration with the battery charged notification. I've seen this posted many times in many forums, so I don't think it's phone specific. It could be Samsung or TouchWiz, but I'm sure I've seen it reported for non-Samsung phones too.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It could be Samsung or TouchWiz

I have searched my Nexus 5 and can not find any notification for battery fully charged. The only time I every got a notification was when I had DU Battery Saver app installed, I have since uninstalled that app after trying it. That is why I though it was TW doing it.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have searched my Nexus 5 and can not find any notification for battery fully charged. The only time I every got a notification was when I had DU Battery Saver app installed, I have since uninstalled that app after trying it. That is why I though it was TW doing it.

Battery fully charged doesn't show in the app list on my Samsung Note 3 either.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same question! Just got Lollipop on my AT&T S4 and kept it plugged in for download and install, and that notification blocked me from getting things at the top of the screen, I'd like to be able to acknowledge it and close it but I can't.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same question! Just got Lollipop on my AT&T S4 and kept it plugged in for download and install, and that notification blocked me from getting things at the top of the screen, I'd like to be able to acknowledge it and close it but I can't.

I believe this may be a Samsung issue, I do not get that notification at all on a Nexus 5. So it must be a Samsung app or Touch Wiz. The only devices reporting this are Note3, S4 and the S5. Wonder if you would get more help over in the Samsung forum rather then the Lollipop forum.

RogerCAMERON

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Our two Samsung Note 3 s have started doing this since the lollipoop upgrade. Our faithful nightclocks can't supress the message at 2.00 in the morning!

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

You can get rid of it by swiping it away like any other notification.

Janet Ray

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My husband recently updated to lollipop and we're also seeing that dumb battery is full notification and it lights up the dam room at midnight or 2am and it's useless and apparently I am not the only one that can't figure out how to get rid of it. He has a AT&T samsun Galaxy S4

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My brother just got the Lollipop update on his Verizon Note 3 and doesn't have the battery charged notification. His charge light just turns from red to green like it did on KitKat. He has OB6 vs. the OB4 I have on my T-Mobile Note 3, so maybe they fixed it in the newer release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non