7.1.2 beta

Mike Kane

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the beta update last night on my Nexus 5x it gave my device a brand new life . I so far can't see any bugs or problems the phone functions better than ever . I was considering selling it but now it's a keeper!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only bug so far is within WiFi settings. If you go into WiFi (looking at the various networks) and then click on the cog wheel it will crash. Minor bug -- I reported it but otherwise 7.1.2 is working well :).

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The only bug so far is within WiFi settings. If you go into WiFi (looking at the various networks) and then click on the cog wheel it will crash. Minor bug -- I reported it but otherwise 7.1.2 is working well :).

I see the same behavior. So far all else seems OK.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5X, 16GB

New behavior for 7.1.2.... the volume up and down buttons become totally unresponsive after some time (like a couple hours). I have not yet discovered the trigger. The only way to restore them is to press and hold the power button until the phone shuts off (to simulate a battery pull). A simple restart does NOT restore the buttons. Feedback sent.

Anyone else, or just me? This never occurred in previous beta or released builds. If this persists, I might have to revert to non-Beta. Having non-functional volume buttons is not workable.

Paul

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
And while we're on the subject of the volume buttons..... I have my phone set so that a press of a volume button takes a photo. It used to work. Then it got intermittent. Now it seems to not work at all (even if the buttons are responsive to normal volume up/down inputs).

Paul

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've only encountered and reported the bug mentioned by @ Almeuit. Nothing else so far. But I've only been running it since last night so time will tell I suppose.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5X, 16GB

New behavior for 7.1.2.... the volume up and down buttons become totally unresponsive after some time (like a couple hours). I have not yet discovered the trigger. The only way to restore them is to press and hold the power button until the phone shuts off (to simulate a battery pull). A simple restart does NOT restore the buttons. Feedback sent.

Anyone else, or just me? This never occurred in previous beta or released builds. If this persists, I might have to revert to non-Beta. Having non-functional volume buttons is not workable.

Paul

Well, I did an FDR this morning and the volume buttons have been functional all day. Hopefully that fixed it but an FDR should not have been required.

Paul