Best Twitter App for Android

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know this isnt exactly a new topic, and I have seen it debated before, but I have my idea of what I want in a Twitter app and I can't find it. I am hoping people can fill me in on hidden features I am missing. Currently I am using Tweetdeck because it seems to do the most and because it is my desktop app.

My ideal Twitter app:

Nice UI (most of the most popular fit this)
Connect with other social networks (pretty much all but the official app)
Ability to turn off other social network notifications (Tweetdeck cant do this)
Notification for all retweets (as far as I know only Tweetdeck and the official do this)
Accurate updating (only Tweetdeck seems to do this for me)
Scheduled updates (do any do this on mobile?)
Trending topics

This is all that comes to mind right now as I delete all the Twitter apps from my phone.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Tweetcaster Pro or Seesmic maybe, both are quite nice. Though I'm not sure if it shows the trending topics stuff, but I could be wrong as I've never looked nor tried that feature.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Plume doesnt do most of what I was looking for. No connection with other social network sites, no retweets, poor updating...

I don't think you're actually using the apps then, because plume does retweet as well. It might not combine other social networks but that's what HootSuite does and retweets.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you're actually using the apps then, because plume does retweet as well. It might not combine other social networks but that's what HootSuite does and retweets.

I just checked my time line on Hoot Suite and my twitter retweets won't show up. All twitter apps let you retweet and notify you of mentions, but only the official app and tweetdeck notify on retweets.

Two features I forgot to mention are photo previews and conversion trackback. North on tweetdeck, which is why I'm sticking with it for now, I just wish it would match the desktop version.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87