[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

joel53

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Not working on Galaxy S4 i9500 - Android 4.2.2 - Baseband I9500DXUBMF8 - Kernel 3.4.5-997834 - Build number JDQ39.I9500XXUBMG1.

Absolutely not work, when i open, directly message "fatal error"

Please update, this tools very important to me...

Thanks

Delphinus

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up! As some of you know, I relied very heavily on this tool to create videos for my Youtube channel. I tried many diff apps, and finally found one that works. SCR Screen Recorder Pro ★ root. It can be found in the Google Play Store. It works great. Make sure you tick the inverted color fix and yer set! You may want to turn the video bitrate down some or you'll have a huge file.

Good luck!

joel53

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
yes i got it, and i have to buy it, its works.
But even i use s4, when i use it, when capture video start, its slow all movement even only when we move slider...

Actually iam still like screncast, i use S3, i use samsung chat (800mhz) its work perfect...but not in S4

Rob Apex

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screencast Video Recorder Official Discussion Thread

Yeah, I have the same issue. Thats MY only complaint. It records in PORTRAIT if you are in LANDSCAPE and vice versa.

Rob Apex

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screencast Video Recorder Official Discussion Thread

For me, as I'm having same issue with the Landscape/Portrait thing, all the settings, auto, no rotate rotate right/left, all turn out the same. The video switches orientation.

MaddenDvinik

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Beta Testers Needed] Screencast Video Recorder

Hello. I am running on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and have rooted and purchased your app. When I open "Fatal Error Could Not Start!!!" How can I resolve this? Pease help!

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Hello. I am running on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and have rooted and purchased your app. When I open "Fatal Error Could Not Start!!!" How can I resolve this? Pease help!

ScreenCast doesn't work on Android 4.3, and probably never will (since the developer no longer does anything to update it)

Posted from the awesome new Nexus 7

Ishan Sardar

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

will it ever get system audio recording??...the mic recording is annoying and it's a pain recording anything even in a silent room...u can still hear ur ceiling fan lol...um willing to pay higher price for this since there's no other recorder that has feature like screencast.

Job4acowboy

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Market Link:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ms.screencast

Purpose of this thread:
This thread will serve as one-stop-shop for all bug reports, feature requests and general questions and inquiries.

Table of contents:

1. What is Screencast Video Recorder
  2. Features
  3. Known bugs/issues
  4. Requested features
  5. Latest release notes

What is Screencast Video Recorder:
Screencast Video Recorder is a "demonstration" tool for devices running Android 2.2+. SVR can record the device's screen and encode it into an MPEG4 video, as well as taking screenshots in JPEG, BMP or PNG formats. There are two versions of SVR in the market, a free and a paid version.
Screencast is available on Google's Android Market and AndroidPIT's App Center.

Features:
  • Video Screen Capture
  • Live narration while recording
  • Screenshots
  • Gallery Interface
  • Benchmark Tool
  • Home screen widgets

Known Bugs/Issues:
  • Tegra 2 devices: This is not really a bug, but an inherit problem with Tegra 2 devices. Screencast is built using NEON instruction set for the most part, and as such, requires a device that has NEON capability. Nvidia decided to not include NEON support in their Tegra 2 devices.
  • Video cannot be played: (Workaround: Use MoboPlayer to play your recordings)
    This is a problem with native video players on some devices. Some video players can only play video files with standard sizes/dimensions. Screencast recordings inherit the device's screen dimensions at High quality setting, and half the dimensions at Normal quality setting.
    Certain video players, like MoboPlayer, can play any video file and do not make assumptions about the video's dimensions.
  • Recorded videos do not appear in SVR's Gallery: This is an intermittent bug and happens rarely, a fix is on the way.
  • Application Install Error/Corrupt Settings: This happens if SVR was moved to external storage. Right now SVR can only be installed on the internal memory, and will not function properly otherwise. In case it was moved to external storage, it is necessary to uninstall first then re-install from the market.

Requested features:

• Install to SD
  • Record system audio
  • Option to change default save folder

Latest release notes:
New feature announcement: Time-lapse recording (v2.9)

Timelapse allows you to record lengthy illustrations into a time-compressed video.
Scenarios where this mode would be desirable:
  • Record yourself speed paiting/drawing on your phone or tablet.
  • Can beat a game in 40mins? Record it all into a 10min video.
  • Record up to 15hours of activity into a 1 hour video.

Here is an artist beta testing this new feature:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSF6UUaMqYE[/YT]

BenKatz88

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I use screencast to record math lectures for my classes; however, I have run into a problem when I go to the calculator on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. It doesn't show the calculator screen (on playback). The calculator does make a brief appearance (after I'm exiting the program) and going back to my powerpoint slides, but it doesn't show any of my keystrokes or anything on the calculator screen as I type it in...

Is there a fix to that?

aletheus

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

Just so ya know, I'm running 4.4 on a note 2 and screen cast is working with only one bug.... Color inversion.

In order to resolve aforementioned issues, go to developer options and check "force GPU rendering" and "disable hardware overlays" on the note 10.1 you must recheck these options after EVERY restart...blah---ugh... But worth it for my purposes.

But.....um, where are you developer? There's soon to be a migration from your app if you don't address the evolutionary gap forming between your app and android development....open source it if you're not going to continue development....

BTW....I too would gladly pay 10+$ for color adjustment, deeper volume controls etc....

Thanks!!!

Cecil harwell

I use screencast to record math lectures for my classes; however, I have run into a problem when I go to the calculator on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. It doesn't show the calculator screen (on playback). The calculator does make a brief appearance (after I'm exiting the program) and going back to my powerpoint slides, but it doesn't show any of my keystrokes or anything on the calculator screen as I type it in...

Is there a fix to that?

ThePie69

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I'm on Samsung Galaxy S4 and when I open i get "Fatal Error Could Not Start!!!". Sent in the bug report to the developers email address and my own so I could have a copy. Is there anyway to fix this or another app that I can go to?

hajali

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I'm on Samsung Galaxy S4 and when I open i get "Fatal Error Could Not Start!!!". Sent in the bug report to the developers email address and my own so I could have a copy. Is there anyway to fix this or another app that I can go to?

Is there a fix to that?

Just so ya know, I'm running 4.4 on a note 2 and screen cast is working with only one bug.... Color inversion.

In order to resolve aforementioned issues, go to developer options and check "force GPU rendering" and "disable hardware overlays" on the note 10.1 you must recheck these options after EVERY restart...blah---ugh... But worth it for my purposes.

But.....um, where are you developer? There's soon to be a migration from your app if you don't address the evolutionary gap forming between your app and android development....open source it if you're not going to continue development....

BTW....I too would gladly pay 10+$ for color adjustment, deeper volume controls etc....

Thanks!!!

Cecil harwell

Thanks for the info ... Does the developer fix allow us to use the app with 4.3/4.4 or is it just for the color inversion?? Thanks

Where is the developer? We bought this and we're lacking support!

hajali

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I guess there is no point in writing here for the developer!

Have a nice day guys

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I have exactly in the same position than you are, i have note 3 rooted with 4.4 kit kat and it says the same error. I hope this developer does something to fix this... or i want my money back now