Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks!

Just an update on one of my events (original post here)

I've modified the 'At home' event to fit my needs and to have a better functional Llama (less WiFi on time).

When triggered, the 'At home' event enables WiFi for 15 minutes then turns it off if not connected. With time it bothered me because one day I got home and the 15 minutes were already up and WiFi was disabled. Could've been a friend I met on my way home and chatted a bit etc.....so I thought why not try WiFi Polling! Problem is I read some posts where users complain about it not turning off thus being a battery eater...

Long story short, I called the event 'WiFi check' :
At Home between 10:30 and 22:59 when your phone disconnects from WiFi-Home - delay for 5 minutes and then enable WiFi for 1 minute then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes

The logic behind this is since cells cover a large distance radius, I can't be home right when it detects one that's assigned as Home area. Also this means I made my own WiFi polling :)...if I can call it that way

Hope this helps you

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry i dont follow your event

could you explain step by step so I can duplicate it in my app? I am keen to sort out something similar, as I live in London so there are masts everywhere, but i want my event to tell me that when my phone disconnects from my wifi it knows I am leaving home.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
beta versions llama triggers doesnt work for me, i just get a screen to select triggers but the drop down list i am expecting to see is blank....

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an event that sends a txt via a locale sms plugin to my wife when i leave an area at a certain time and date.

I want to manipulate that sms sending a bit, so that when i am in a meeting on thursday between 10:30 and 11:30 anyone who calls me gets a txt saying "I am busy" - but cant seem to see the right conditions or actions available....

anyone have anything like this set up?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an event that sends a txt via a locale sms plugin to my wife when i leave an area at a certain time and date.

I want to manipulate that sms sending a bit, so that when i am in a meeting on thursday between 10:30 and 11:30 anyone who calls me gets a txt saying "I am busy" - but cant seem to see the right conditions or actions available....

anyone have anything like this set up?

You could use the condition "while ringing", but for now there is no way to identify who is calling to send him the SMS... I've been trying tondo something similar trough android intents but with no luck so far...

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

Kiley Hernandez

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Here is my car mode configuration. It works pretty well - took me a million tries to get it the way I wanted it. Now keep in mind that I use the event of once the phone is plugged into a power source that bluetooth turns on for 3 minutes and shuts off if no connected. Once my phone is connected - well you can see what I have set up. The key was to get bluetooth on automatically. Once my HandFreeLink connected the rest of the events unfold. I also have everything turned off once the bluetooth is disconnected.

Also note that on JB you cannot have a third party app fire your GPS. I used secure settings since my phone is rooted and it has worked perfectly each time.

Screenshot_2013-05-02-23-00-11.png

Moleapps

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I also like Llama, but I only want to configure my sound-profiles and for this the app is a bit too complex and needs to much energy.

For those of you who want to easy manage sound-profiles I can suggest the App named "Audio Mode Switcher". It is easy to use and reques really low power.

The app allows you to define weekly recorring times, when to switch to a certain audio-profile - that is really easy like setting the alarm clock.

Furthermore ther is the possibility to synchronize with your calendar. You can define events per keyword (i.e. if the word "meeting" appears in the event-title) or/and per calendars. When the event starts the app switches to a set profile and when it ends it switches again.

Similar to Llama there is also a location-based profile. It does not work such as accurate as Llama, but consumes way less energy. However, it works fine if your defined locations are not near by (about 1 km).

To sum it up - who searches a good alternative to Llama I honestly recommend Audio Mode Switcher.

It is available on PlayStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moleapps.audiomodeswitcher

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Also note that on JB you cannot have a third party app fire your GPS. I used secure settings since my phone is rooted and it has worked perfectly each time.

Llama can! I don't use Secure settings anymore except for toggling data twice (see attachments).

Once my HandFreeLink connected the rest of the events unfold. I also have everything turned off once the bluetooth is disconnected.

You could clean up your events by adding "Queued events". Activating car mode + car mode activated = Car mode : When HandsFreeLink TM is connected - Say 'Activating car mode', turn on car mode, enable GPS, enable mobile data, disable WiFi, set to 100% brightness, set Llama variable 'Car mode on' to 'yes' and queue an event named 'car mode 2' after 5 seconds
car mode 2 : When 'Car mode on' has a value of 'yes' - say car mode activated.

Two events in One! :) do the same for Deactivating car mode and Car mode deactivated 2 ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot2013_5_3_11.24.53.png
    Screenshot2013_5_3_11.24.53.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot2013_5_3_11.30.15.png
    Screenshot2013_5_3_11.30.15.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 38

Kiley Hernandez

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Llama can! I don't use Secure settings anymore except for toggling data twice (see attachments).

The Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD I have not been able to do this using llama directly. The only way I was able to do this successfully was using secure settings as a locale trigger to accomplish GPS. GPS is the only one that I have not successfully gotten llama to trigger by itself. Thus my need to use secure settings.

You could clean up your events by adding "Queued events". Activating car mode + car mode activated = Car mode : When HandsFreeLink TM is connected - Say 'Activating car mode', turn on car mode, enable GPS, enable mobile data, disable WiFi, set to 100% brightness, set Llama variable 'Car mode on' to 'yes' and queue an event named 'car mode 2' after 5 seconds
car mode 2 : When 'Car mode on' has a value of 'yes' - say car mode activated.

Two events in One! :) do the same for Deactivating car mode and Car mode deactivated 2 ;)

I have also tried this set up and for some reason llama won't trigger my second event. Essentially leaving car mode activated when it should be off.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
olivier - I cant get llams to trigger GPS either,
I have the same event as you (when Maps is active enable GPS) but it doesnt fire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress