Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
wow! I am just loving this keyboard! I didn't quite get the hype when I watched the video on it a month or so ago but after using it a little be today it is absolutely awesome! Has there been much talk if they are going to charge for Swype after beta?

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Smart Keyboard Pro, are there gestures that allow you to see the alt keys or at LEAST an arrow pad? That was my favorite feature of the app. But overall, I am LOVING this keyboard.

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
never got the hype behind this until this afternoon when i got to try it out for myself. I am in love with this so much faster/easier then pressing the keys lol feel lazy doing it but i love it don't wanna go back to regular keyboard again. i hope that they don't charge too much for it 4-5$ or less otherwise i won't be using it anymore. oh and thanks to the post above for the tip about the arrow/select text buttons.

Mr_Jibmiester

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just couldn't get used to it. I used it all day yesterday but it just didn't do it for me. It was fast, and easy to use. But for some reason I went back to my regular keyboard. Don't know why but swype just didnt do it for me.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I just couldn't get used to it. I used it all day yesterday but it just didn't do it for me. It was fast, and easy to use. But for some reason I went back to my regular keyboard. Don't know why but swype just didnt do it for me.

The first time I tried it, I had the same reaction. It wasn't bad, but there were things that would slow me way down. I came back to it about a month or two later and looked at the videos on their website for tips and it helped out quite a bit and now Swype is my default.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my download link in my email late last night and installed it. So far it worked great and the tutorial was very informative since I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to type words with double letters in them, like "look" or "meet" .

So far so good though, it takes some getting used to but I like it!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Has there been much talk if they are going to charge for Swype after beta?
No telling. They're currently only selling to manufacturers. They haven't even confirmed whether or not they're going to sell to individuals. If you want it, suggest it on their site or promote someone's suggestion.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Couple of questions on this- When does this Beta expire? Does anyone have any ideas on what Swype will cost after all this? I don't want to get hooked on it, and then they charge like 50 bucks for it.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Couple of questions on this- When does this Beta expire? Does anyone have any ideas on what Swype will cost after all this? I don't want to get hooked on it, and then they charge like 50 bucks for it.

I would speculate (as others have) that Swype probably won't cost you anything as they'll most likely look to make their revenue getting paid by phone manufacturers to license and incorporate the keyboard on their devices by default.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Note to all beta users:

Please note the purpose of "BETA" --- it is a test and the developer is seeking feedback. The developer is (in my opinion) slow to respond and does a horrible job rolling out "official" releases. Plus, the whole "closed beta" thing irritates the snot out of me. BUT, they do offer the BEST keyboard alternative, so...

Be sure to send emails to the developer to improve the end product. I have sent several emails over 6 months of "testing". I have asked for specific words to be in the stock dictionary, improved functionality of capitalization, change speed of word suggestions coming up, color of the background, improved functionality of double letters ("all" and "good" always came up as "ask" and "god" - always).

After 2 or 3 "official" and unofficial hacked versions (sorry, I'm a pirate) I have seen dramatic improvement - no doubt from end user feedback.

So, let's not lose site of what this whole "closed beta" process is trying to accomplish -- SEND FEEBACK TO THE DEVELOPER!

//end rant