Android Central App

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Android Central App on my Vivid. I was looking on the Play Store to put it back on my Inspire. Well, it looks like it has been removed from the Store. Does anyone know what happened to it, or where I can get the apk for it? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Vivid

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed in both the Android Central app and in the Tapatalk app is that if you get a notification in the notif bar. like from tapatalk for instance...and you open the notification bar and click the notification, then it takes you to the post...Ok..that's what it should do..
But in Tapatalk, if you want to go back to the main screen where you have the sites stored, you can't just hit back...if you hit the back button, you're taken back to your home screen, and you have to go open Tapatalk again, then hit back again. THEN you'll see the main screen where you have sites stored...

Not only that, if you close tapatalk and don't hit back to get back to main screen before closing it, and you come back to it after the phone has gone to sleep, it does the same thing. You hit back and have to deal with home screen, and opening it again.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed in both the Android Central app and in the Tapatalk app is that if you get a notification in the notif bar. like from tapatalk for instance...and you open the notification bar and click the notification, then it takes you to the post...Ok..that's what it should do..
But in Tapatalk, if you want to go back to the main screen where you have the sites stored, you can't just hit back...if you hit the back button, you're taken back to your home screen, and you have to go open Tapatalk again, then hit back again. THEN you'll see the main screen where you have sites stored...

Not only that, if you close tapatalk and don't hit back to get back to main screen before closing it, and you come back to it after the phone has gone to sleep, it does the same thing. You hit back and have to deal with home screen, and opening it again.

Thanks. I noticed that as well. However, this doesn't answer my question. Not being a butt, just tryin to find out what happened to the Android Central News app and where to obtain it now.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: ZeroRilix

The dood

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I run into this problem every time I do factory reset. I just go into the my apps, within the play store, & scroll down till I see it. I haven't been able to find it from the search option for like at least a year.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The AC news app sucks. Phil basically said so himself. It also uses some pretty spammy ad networks. That why it's been hidden. They are supposed to be working on something new.

If you really want an app to read the news, use Google Currents. AC publishes a current edition and it's WAY WAY WAY better than the old AC app. Seriously check it out and you'll never go back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa