Picture lock app?

swiedom

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't you hate it when you go to show someone a picture on your phone and as soon as they grab it they accidentally hit the back button, switch to a different picture, etc. This is especially prevalent when showing my grandparents a picture. Is there an app that will allow you to pull up a picture then lock everything down? If not, I think this is a "million dollar idea". Don't worry, I only want half of the profits for the idea ;)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't you hate it when you go to show someone a picture on your phone and as soon as they grab it they accidentally hit the back button, switch to a different picture, etc. This is especially prevalent when showing my grandparents a picture. Is there an app that will allow you to pull up a picture then lock everything down? If not, I think this is a "million dollar idea". Don't worry, I only want half of the profits for the idea ;)
You can a) make all other image folders hidden or b) place images in a grandparent safe folder or c) stop taken pictures you don't want your grandparents to see :)

Here is one such app you might find useful: Hide Pictures - KeepSafe Vault - Play Store

Let us know how it works for you.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't you hate it when you go to show someone a picture on your phone and as soon as they grab it they accidentally hit the back button, switch to a different picture, etc. ...
My solution is to use the fine gallery QuickPic for to create a shortcut of a seperated folder (=album) on the home screen.
This shortcut on the home screen shows the album's first picture as a nice little icon with the album's name.
A tap on the icon will open QickPic on the album of question and you can look over the album's pictures ... and there isn't any way to switch to another album or other pictures ... the only way is to leave the album back to the home screen.

The folder with your pictures for showing you could create on any place on your phone's/tablet's storage/SDcard, QuickPic will find it as an album :) ... yeah, and then open the album and choose on the menu 'Link to Desktop'.

Last edited: