Official Twitter app - eating disk space?

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I'm running the official Twitter app (version 1.0.5) on a Nexus One (FRG83D) and I was shocked to find it's using up 19.38MB of disk space. According to the app info, 2.84MB of this is 'Application' and a whopping 16.54MB is 'Data'.

I'm just wondering if anyone else running the app is using the same amount and knows if this is correct? Nigh-on 20MB of space for one app just sounds wrong to me, as other N1 users will know disk space is quite limited! I do have it set to sync with my contacts, if that may be a factor, and the option to 'clear cache' is greyed out.

Thanks for reading and for any replies

Ben

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have same version as you with sync and I am taking up a total of 4.5MB (2.77 for app and 1.73 for data) Clear cache has always been greyed out for me too and Clear data isn't..
Have you tried clearing data, signing back in and see if it ballons back up?

Reactions: bentheslayer

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for the replies - I feel a bit silly as I hadn't even noticed the 'Clear Data' option! Also on double-checking the settings, 'sync data' was ticked as well as 'sync contacts'.

After disabling 'sync data' and using the 'clear data' option, the app is now using 2.93MB total space. Much better! Looks like I had 16MB of old tweets stored up without realising it, so I'll be using the 'clear data' option quite regularly now. Wish this had been made a bit more obvious, still feel a bit stupid for not noticing though!

Thanks again

Ben

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you both for the replies - I feel a bit silly as I hadn't even noticed the 'Clear Data' option! Also on double-checking the settings, 'sync data' was ticked as well as 'sync contacts'.

After disabling 'sync data' and using the 'clear data' option, the app is now using 2.93MB total space. Much better! Looks like I had 16MB of old tweets stored up without realising it, so I'll be using the 'clear data' option quite regularly now. Wish this had been made a bit more obvious, still feel a bit stupid for not noticing though!

Thanks again

Ben

Welcome, I keep mine synced BUT I do clear data and sign back in once in a blue.. I wish there was a limit on how much space apps can hog up..