Snapchat draining a ton of battery and using alot of data now...

marcolarco52

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
So I recently realized that snapchat is using like 10 times the data it used to use and alot more battery drain with it even on my sony z3 having the power saving mode active that it only runs when the screen is on. I did downgrade it to 8.1.2 but then got the error that I'm using an older version and I had to update in order to log in.

Running stock android 4.4.4 (never updated to the newest system as I did not want to)

Thanks

EDIT: I should mention I am in no way wanting to root my device or anything of that kind.

Russell BELL1

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this too, I don't know about data, but I assume thats because it loads all the videos without you actually having to open them, but the battery I've noticed as well. I think thats because of the new feature called snapcode, that uses GPS to locate snapchatters near you.

marcolarco52

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I know the discover videos are all auto loaded now (the paid advertisements on top in your story section)...which is crap this app has gone down the toilet considering just deleting my account and moving on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress