What's your Android Twitter client of choice?

What Twitter client are you using?

• Total voters

brownboyinbc

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Tweetdeck

I like using Tweetdeck for 2 reasons.
1. It was the first app I used for tweeting
2. It allows me to multitask by posting to Facebook & Google Buzz

I am a total noob to android as of 8 months now, and I love it. I have an HTC Desire, and as we all know there isn't a lot of space for apps. So I rely on a lot of apps that do more than one thing to save space.

Guillin

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Tweetcaster Pro.

Been using Android for just over 2 years now and have tried quite a few. The first one I tried was Twidroyd which i thought was fantastic but over time I think i've tried everyone that is on that list.

Tweetcaster Pro for me is the best. Aesthetically pleasing, really good ui, and set it to a dark theme and it looks fantastic. It's also very quick at alerting you when you have a reply or DM.

If I weren't using Tweetcaster, I would probably be using Twicca, I tried that too, and it's a very neat and tidy app. As for the official Twitter app? It's awful.

As for Tweetdeck? I love it on my PC (think it's the best PC Twitter program around) but just couldn't get used to it on my Android Phone.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
I used to be a die hard Twidroyd fan. Then broken update after broken update after broken update pushed me to Plume. Plume is very clean, easy to use, and works very good.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So Tweetdeck seems so popular here, I just downloaded it and tried it. Any particular reason that there seems to be no setting that will show you the time stamp of the tweets in your timeline?

Do you really have to open up every tweet in Tweetdeck to see WHEN it was sent? Please tell me I am missing some setting somewhere, otherwise WTF?

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
generally I just use the Feeds and Updates widget from Samsung, but when I want to link something or comment on a retweet I use TweetCaster

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
So Tweetdeck seems so popular here, I just downloaded it and tried it. Any particular reason that there seems to be no setting that will show you the time stamp of the tweets in your timeline?

Do you really have to open up every tweet in Tweetdeck to see WHEN it was sent? Please tell me I am missing some setting somewhere, otherwise WTF?

Look at the top of the app and it will show you the timestamp of the tweet currently at the top of the screen. It will change as you scroll through the timeline. (see red arrow in pic below)

tweedeckScreenshot.png

Reactions: dsignori

THE-ILLITE#AC

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I take back my former vote... PLUME people PLUME!!! Multiple accounts and everything else under the sun that you could think of concerning twitter.... AMAZING!!!

Larzzzz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Plume is my primary app of choice followed by the official Twitter app.

Plume's interface, widgets, and conversation threading always have me coming back.
sent from an HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Look at the top of the app and it will show you the timestamp of the tweet currently at the top of the screen. It will change as you scroll through the timeline. (see red arrow in pic below)

tweedeckScreenshot.png

Thanks. That is somewhat better, I suppose (being able to see a single tweet's timestamp at one time).

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Using Twydroid now but I noticed some issue with the a persons profile picture that they aren't always correct so I think I'm going back to Plume.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I really liked Twidroyd and used it for a long while, but their Facebook integration was poor. Moved to Tweetcaster and really like, fast and reliable.

haha I don't even remember what Twidroyd was like it was so long ago that I used it. I never really cared for the facebook integration, I stopped using my facebook, too much drama. lol

JSKershaw

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Plume all the way!

I used to use Tweekdeck all the time, but lately (about a month now) I have been using Plume. I must say that it has the best Widget that I have tried over Twidroyd, Tweetdeck and Tweetcaster.

It's clean and very feature enriched. If you haven't tried it I recommend you do. I have been using the free version because I do not find the ads intrusive. I may purchase the ad free version in the next month or so to support the company if nothing new happens with Tweetdeck.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I take back my former vote... PLUME people PLUME!!! Multiple accounts and everything else under the sun that you could think of concerning twitter.... AMAZING!!!

I completely agree with you, plume is fantastic. :) but if you ever get bored with it like I did, use tweetcaster, it is a nice alternative haha

camusdude

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Mind changed

Since taking this poll I decided to try Twicca again. The mute function is easier to use and more robust than Tweetcaster. In roughly an hour Twicca replaced Tweetcaster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87