How do I use Android Auto?

A

AC Question

How do I use Android Auto

I have a 2016 Honda Accord that is supposed to compatible with Android Auto. I have downloaded Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Now, how do I use this? When I plug the USB cable in from the car to my phone, the phone shows Android Auto on the screen, but nothing happens with my infotainment center. What is supposed to happen and how do I make it happen?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I use Android Auto

I suggest you refer to the owner's manual that came with your vehicle, information on using the vehicle side of the system will be in there. I imagine there might be an icon of some kind on the infotainment screen that enters the Android Auto mode.

anon(187199)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you plug the phone into the usb under the radio (not in the arm rest), it should start the setup process on the phone. It will download a bunch of stuff and ask you questions on the phone. Once thats all done there will be an android auto button on the radio home screen (press home button, top left on radio). The button on the screen says smartphone connection if the phone is not connected. Press this android auto button and it should ask you a question on the infortainment screen. Say yes to that and you're using android auto on the accord.

Kwick6

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do I use Android Auto

I found the solution. It turns out AA is really picky about what cable is used. After trying four cables I finally found one the AA thought was good enough.

zelium

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
When you plug the phone into the usb under the radio (not in the arm rest), it should start the setup process on the phone. It will download a bunch of stuff and ask you questions on the phone. Once thats all done there will be an android auto button on the radio home screen (press home button, top left on radio). The button on the screen says smartphone connection if the phone is not connected. Press this android auto button and it should ask you a question on the infortainment screen. Say yes to that and you're using android auto on the accord.

xzjn9p,

I have an Accord 2016 and there are 2 usb ports, one under the radio and the other in the arm rest as you mentioned. Are these 2 USB ports any different in terms of the Android Auto connection?

Thanks.