avic f77dab

Raqeeb Ahmed

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys
I'm looking to buy the pioneer avic f77dab. I have a galaxy s6 edge.

Does this unit have appradio and if it does would it work with my s6 edge?

If it doesn't would the android auto work and is there any way to get all the apps to work on it instead of just the ones Google allows?

Also how does the voice control function work? Does it have its own mic on does it use the phone mic?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
App Radio is rubbish. However it does work with the F77DAB but you do need to have an android phone that outputs video from the USB; which if I am correct is no longer a common occurrence.

I would check the S6 manual online.

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
The whole point of both CarPlay and Android Auto is not to use your phone while your driving.

So neither can control all apps. Email doesn't come through on either.

In answer to your question; app radio is slow, looks bad and is temperamental at best.

It is a half-arsed attempt at what Android Auto is now and Pioneer made it because there was no AA or CP until 2014.

AA is in my opinion far better than CP (I have a 6S Plus so I have used both). There are some things I do like on CP but overall AA is much better. There are a much larger variety of audio apps that work with AA and of course most messaging apps also work with AA (unlike CP),

The main benefit for me is Google Maps; having all the information clearly in front of me is a huge asset. I know you could put your phone in a mount but its fast, responsive and works great.

In addition Google Now is a massive benefit; reminders and meetings appear on the home page and it just makes it so much easier to get stuff done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress