[Open] Day 2: Win a registration invite for Google I/O!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
My favourite announcement was day 1 of Google I/O 2012 when Android 4.1 and Google Now were announced. That day was relevant (to me at least) for two reasons: first, Android arguably came into it's own with version 4.x, and second, Google Now has proven to be wildly useful

yali1234

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
As a developer, the more platforms there are out there, the more apps I can develop. This is why my favorite announcement from Google I/O was Google Glass. As a small child I always dreamed of having a head mounted display, and seeing that as a reality is really cool. If I do get to go to I/O I will be able to see where Google is going to take glass and how to prepare myself to create really amazing apps for it.

jayzun

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Believe it or not the thing I got most excited about at a Google I/O was Google Wave. I really loved that demo and really do wish it would have replaced email.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

scasmflop

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
io2010 Google tv was probably my favorite io announcement, bad implementation and hardware killed it, but I am hopeful they have it figured out.

pacspud

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hard one... definitely the unveiling of Google Glass had the wow factor but as a proud Nexus 7 owner I'd have to go with that and new hardware announcements in general.

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The announcement of the original Nexus 7 tablet. It has literally changed the tablet landscape, making the mark for future Android tablets and even moving Apple from their mountaintop to do something different.

rjmcnamara

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Google Play Music All Access. I already had my entire collection uploaded, so a single service that offered to fill in the blanks was a no-brainer -- especially for $8/month.

Runner up to Nexus 7 2013 -- it's my "daily driver"

Phroghollow

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Android at home. It hasn't eventuated with much yet, but little by little with purchases of companies like Nest etc. You know Google is working towards Home Automation and you know how long ago they were thinking about it.

Top Chamatsang

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Might sound crazy but I was really excited about the Nexus Q. I love the concept and how it could integrate to home audio systems (maybe that is a dying hobbby...) to allow for simple streaming via Android of my entire music collection in the cloud. I love what they have done with Google Play (and storing my music in the cloud) and I can only hope they revisit the Q in the future.

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoyed Larry Page talking after the Google Map update announcement. He sounded pretty beat from his health issues, but he talked about how we were really all in tech progression together, and that we could get past petty Apple vs Windows Phone vs Android arguments. I respect that.

I do like the (friendly) debate though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer