Getting Huawei Watch(iPhone user)

hull22

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I currently use the Apple Watch with my iPhone 6 Plus but like the traditional and more dressy look of new Huawei Watch, particular the high quality watchfaces. Just purchased one used thru Amazon Warehouse deals. Looking to rotate between these two smartwatches. I know that Android Wear thru iOS is a more limited experience. I mostly use my Apple Watch currently to view notifications and not too much else so it's not a total dealbreaker.

I was hoping to be able to use a custom watchface(non-OEM) with the Huawei, which I understand is only available thru android apps such as Facer). Could I get a cheap Android tablet or phone to set up the custom watchface but continue to use my iPhone to receive notifications thru the watch or would I basically have to carry both phones to do that?

FYI, I use to have primarily Android phones(Thunderbolt, Nexus, Galaxy Note 2, etc) until Apple came out with the large iPhone 6 plus.

Thanks.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
If the OP is still interested in doing this... I will try to test it out and see what happens.

However, in order to pair the watch to an Android phone (so you could load a custom watch face), you would have to factory reset the huawei watch. Then once the custom watch face is loaded, you would have to factory reset it again to get it paired back to the iPhone. I'm not sure the custom watch face will survive that last factory reset.

Like I said... If interested, I'll try this out and let you know here.