Galaxy S10 Plus or S20, both same price

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm upgrading from a Galaxy S7 Edge. I can get S10 plus or the regular S20 for the same price. I really wanted to get a bigger screen to watch 16:9 videos. The S20 will give me the same screen size as my S7 Edge at this aspect ratio but the S10 plus will be bigger. I use wired headphones but not that often. I was going to get the s20 since it's such a good deal and a newer phone, but I'm wondering if I'll regret not getting it bigger screen. Or if the larger s10+ will be more difficult to carry, use, manage. Any input from those who had both or either is appreciated and also if you came from an S7 Edge. Thanks

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have an S10+and I love its size. It is a beautiful screen and isn't too bulky or awkward to handle. The S20 is a newer phone. 120Hz screen (on full HD) and has 5G (for what it's worth). The S10+will get Android 12 and the S20 will get Android 13. Are you in the US or international? Both will come with a chipset based on where you live. If you are in the US then the Snapdragon 865 is a much better chip than the 855 in the S10+and has better battery efficiency and speed.

If you have the Exynos chip, I would recommend the S10+as the chip in the S20 and Note 20 is particularly bad this year. It overheats and battery life is terrible.

So those are my views. Dunno if any of it helps you.

I am happy with my S10+ and I am glad I have the larger screen. The S7 Edge was a good phone, but the Samsung OneUI is like a different league. Your experience will be very much improved.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly if I had to choose after looking at the comparisons I'd say go with the S10+. I mean based on the reviews there's very little difference in the cameras, even less between the S10+ and the regular S20. Plus the S20 has a depth issue that initially Samsung said they couldn't fix but later I heard they might "try" to fix. Processor and battery wise the S10+ is right there with the S20 plus you get a bigger screen. That seems important to you.

I could go on and on but the best thing to do is watch some comparison videos, and there are a few, between the two and decide for yourself. The only down side I see in going with the 10 is it'll only get maybe one more upgrade and you've already shown that isn't that important to you by holding on to your S7 for so long.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The S10+will get 2 more software upgrades, Android 11 and Android 12 so it has a lot of life left in it. Samsung just announced that the S10 series is the oldest generation to be offered 3 years of upgrades and we are due Android 11 at the beginning of 2021. Then Android 12 in 2022. So I kind of agree with Vidjunky. I bought my S10+ just before the S20 was announced so I didn't go with the latest version. I got mine half price and I don't regret my decision at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty