Huawei P20 Pro Notifications sound when no notifications

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Huawei P20 Pro, which has been working fine for over 2 years now (and still is mostly).

I have had a problem receiving Ring notifications for a few months and Ring blamed Huawei so I called Huawei who got me to do a Full Settings Reset.

However, ever since my phone makes a notification sound every time it is locked or I pull down the notification centre bar. There is also something setting this off randomly throughout the day.

I have turned all notification off and only turned on ones I want and these are all set to show banners.

Huawei have tried troubleshooting but getting nowhere. Any ideas how to stop the phantom notification sounds?

SunnyYellow2021

Jun 22, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if this helps: https://www.techbone.net/huawei/user-manual/screen-lock-tone

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Hi,

It's not the screen lock tone and this was already set to off, it's the normal notification tone that sounds. As well as sounding for notifications it also sounds every time I lock the screen, turn off the phone or pull down the notification centre.

It still does this if I change the tone but doesn't do it if set to silent.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had terrible problems with Ring and ended up getting rid of the doorbell for a Nest Doorbell. Their notifications came through over 5 minutes after the bell was rung and by the time I answered the person and already left. It was useless. I turned off battery optimisation and it didn't help. The Ring app is just broken full stop. Get another product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress