Can't connect to PC

A

AC Question

Hey. I’ve had some trouble when connecting my phone to my pc. I connect my phone and hear the sound alright but i can’t see my device when i connect. I could a while ago but now i can’t. I tried using the device manager (update driver software), unplug and plug in back again, it does connect to another pc though. Troubleshooter gives me this message "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" . Any help will be appreciated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sigh... I hate when this happens. I'm not sure what changes it. I think certain things under ADB might affect the drivers.

One thing is that switching from Media device MTP to Camera PTP under USB settings > storage > menu will allow you to connect. But then you can only access pictures folders.

A quick fix is to use Airdroid for file transfers. Just install the free App and have your device and computer on the same WiFi network. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en&token=UL2IdJpn

The long fix is a PITA and then my device only works fully for awhile.

Keep your device unplugged from USB. Go to device manager and uninstall any drivers.

Download and install USBDeview. View any installed/connected USB device on your system Open USBDeview and uninstall anything that says Google or Your Device Manufacturer name.

Plug your device into USB and your correct driver set up should install.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I’ve had some trouble when connecting my phone to my pc. I connect my phone and hear the sound alright but i can’t see my device when i connect. I could a while ago but now i can’t. I tried using the device manager (update driver software), unplug and plug in back again, it does connect to another pc though. Troubleshooter gives me this message "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" . Any help will be appreciated.

Hey there, try WiFi file transfer: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....smarterdroid.wififiletransfer&token=R8uFFxYR

It allows you to view your phone from your PC. It acts like a web page where you can transfer files to your phone seamlessly.