Samsung Galaxy s5 Battery Temperature --- paused & cannot be charged

A

AC Question

Today, I decided to test out the phone in the pool thinking that it is waterproof and it worked but as soon as I got home....my sounds were off. So, I opened up the back case and there was a little specs of water in the speaker area on the bottom left. I gave it a couple mins...hours to dry out to see if the sounds would come back normal. It did.... Like two hours later... BUT I was checking around the battery just to check if water went in but there was nothing. I lifted the battery out... Now after putting e battery back in.... And turning the phone back on...it said that the temperature is too HIGH and it wouldn't charge. There was a message ... "Charging paused ...battery is too high to charge?" ...my battery is cool and not even overheating. Now, my phone won't even charge. Could it possible be the battery? ...even though I didn't see watermarks on it? The phone is completely at normal temperature...it has been hours...and it will not charge. Has anyone had this problem?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you submerge the phone completely in the pool multiple times? I know the new Galaxy S5 is waterproofed but I'm not so sure its waterproof rating is the same as found on the " ACTIVE " series where its designed to be used/submerged in water.