Where do I get S5 MP4 codec?

boqo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I took a video with my S5 smart phone -- but after transferring the video to my computer, the mp4 will not play on Media Player (just the sound plays), tho' the mp4 works in iTunes.

Also, the mp4 won't work with Mixcraft 6 (which normally accepts mp4) -- Mixcraft guys say it's because it's a proprietary MP4 with its own CODEC.

Can someone please tell me where to find the CODEC for S5 MP4 so that I can use these S5-shot videos on my computer?

Thanks!
bq

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I took a video with my S5 smart phone -- but after transferring the video to my computer, the mp4 will not play on Media Player (just the sound plays), tho' the mp4 works in iTunes.

Also, the mp4 won't work with Mixcraft 6 (which normally accepts mp4) -- Mixcraft guys say it's because it's a proprietary MP4 with its own CODEC.

Can someone please tell me where to find the CODEC for S5 MP4 so that I can use these S5-shot videos on my computer?

Thanks!
bq
Check Samsung's website. They should be able to provide you with the necessary codec/plugin files to play their video on PCs. Otherwise, you might need to use an alternative video app, which should be playable on a computer without having to install codec/plugins.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
VLC is one of the programs that plays almost all codecs. (MP4 is an envelope format - how the audio and video files are stored, it has nothing to do with which codec was used in creating the video file. Unfortunately, some phones and/or apps use relatively rare codecs. All the camera apps I use on my Note 3, for example, play in MP with no problem.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress