Syncing contacts

A

AC Question

Hi
i have an issue which baffled me earlier in the week, any thoughts as to why would be much appreciated;
my wifes windows phone seems to have synced with my android LG G2, i now have all her contacts on my phone,
i dont really know how this happened, but last night i deleted her contacts off my phone & now all all the contacts i deleted have dissapeared from her phone as well.
not really looking for a remedy just an explanation how this might happen?

thanks

teklaking

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
she doesn't knowingly store them on outlook, i dont think they are linked. but i did add her hotmail account to my phone some time ago.
still not sure why they would suddenly appear & when i delete them from my phone they go from hers as well?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Some how, another source, most likely an email, synced these contacts. For instance, there is no special Verizon net app, so I can not sync any contacts from my Verizon.net to my phone with the stock email app (i have not explored the My FiOS app). But, the individual email apps like Gmail can; Yahoo can; and the Outlook app can all sync contacts. Browse your contacts, select menu, and search for an option that says Contacts to Display (on my G3, I had to select menu...settings...contacts to display). This will list the various sources that added to your contacts. It must still be on your phone, as you deleted them, and they removed from her phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

teklaking

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
aaahhhh, i can see how everything is all linked now, so in deleting the contacts they are not removed from my phone but my wifes account (that i added) dont suppose there is a method of getting these back ? i havent backed up her phone, although she noticed all her contacts are still stored on our cars media centre.