Galaxy Note 3 LED Flash not working..

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Every once in a while I notice I can't use my "Assistive Light" feature or the flash while taking photos. I then reboot the phone and it works fine. What's going on here? I haven't downloaded any new apps in the past week or so (it's been happening for about a week). I can say it started happening around the same time the Google Settings icon got changed. Anyone else have this annoyance?

Posted via the Android Central App

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Should've preceded with "I'm not new to the technology game and am quite the techy" lol. Has nothing to do with that. My "torch" or "flashlight" app doesn't even work when this happens. So strange right?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried any other torch app to see if that works?
If it does, the problem could be software related.

It could be a hardware problem too.
I have heard of problems like that before but never seen it personally.

I'll ask the other ambassadors if they know any fix to it.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Well the Assistive Light is part of the Note 3 interface so I can only disable it. It only returns the flash/led light to working after a reboot. And then a few days of regular use, doesn't work again. I think it's time for an oPo

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd back everything up (and I mean everything), then reflash the phone. I don't know what carrier you have, but if you can do an Odin flash, the AT&T 4.4.2 files are at N900AUCUCNC2 ODIN Files - Post #136 - XDA Forums (Don't use the all-in-one - that restores Android but leaves your data intact. The individual files give you an out-of-the-box phone on 4.4.2.) If you have a different carrier, look on XDA for a full flash for that carrier.