T-Mobile WiFi calling and pre-paid minutes

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I assumed that when using WiFi calling on T-Mobile that the minutes would not count against my pre-paid balance but I just tried to make a call and was unsuccessful because my minute balance was low. I then got a message on my Note 4 that WiFi calls could still be billable on some carriers. Anyone else have experience with this? I'm not trying to help T-Mobile off-load calls via my WiFi if they are still going to bill me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I assumed that when using WiFi calling on T-Mobile that the minutes would not count against my pre-paid balance but I just tried to make a call and was unsuccessful because my minute balance was low. I then got a message on my Note 4 that WiFi calls could still be billable on some carriers. Anyone else have experience with this? I'm not trying to help T-Mobile off-load calls via my WiFi if they are still going to bill me.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Wifi calling is supposed to help you in low signal areas but they still do count against your minutes. Such as I am on postpaid and even though I have unlimited minutes I can still see them counted under my "usage". Calls still cost minutes.

golgo1313

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm t-mo prepaid as well, but I knew this when switching over from the death star company. I have the Walmart $30 plan, so minutes are precious. I use Google hangouts' voice to make calls that I know are going to be long winded. That uses data to make calls.

Postpaid customers do not get charged minutes, but most of those plans are unlimited voice anyways, so it kinda doesn't make sense. I guess they want to offload as much off their towers.

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm t-mo prepaid as well, but I knew this when switching over from the death star company. I have the Walmart $30 plan, so minutes are precious. I use Google hangouts' voice to make calls that I know are going to be long winded. That uses data to make calls.

Postpaid customers do not get charged minutes, but most of those plans are unlimited voice anyways, so it kinda doesn't make sense. I guess they want to offload as much off their towers.

Same plan. I forgot about calls via Hangouts. Cheers Golgo1313.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress