How do I tell Android/Google that I'm Me?

A

AC Question

While in India last year I could not use my Android device (Asus tablet) because Google would recognise me.. I am going back again soon and I'd like to be able to use my tablet..

Beamer Smith

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So I can't use my tablet outside of the country? That sounds more like a bug to me. Yet another reason to hate my Transformer
(thank you for the quick answer)
(As was the OP on this.. I forgot I had an account)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can take it anywhere, just that certain apps have region restrictions. I am not sure what your question is. What is the exact error that you were getting?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Beamer Smith

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
When in India nothing that I use worked.. not even the date/time/weather on my cover page.. email.. nothing but the generic browser.. Google "challenged" me to prove I'm me but they wanted me to give them my mobile number so that I could receive a text.. I didn't have a mobile as I wasn't home and it wouldn't work way over there.. Strangely, if I was a thief I would have just given them my number and gone on.. Google doesn't have a number reg'd against my name so I'm not sure how secure it would have been..
I was hoping to take the table with me this year as it is lighter to carry and charge etc and I have a 9 hour layover..
Google is particularly difficult to reach (I get that they would get a zillion calls a day otherwise) but this is a Real challenge. And none of their Help categories comes even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress