When I unlock my G3, sometimes it unlocks to a frozen Google+ app???

A

AC Question

At&t LG G3 running 5.0.1

Prior to the phone locking itself, I am NOT using the Google+ app.

I swipe to unlock, and the first thing I'm looking at is a frozen Google+ app. It is all blank, with just a Google+ header. Eventually if I wait long enough, I get an error message stating the app stopped working and to force close.

I've gone though all my Google+ settings, all my Android settings, all my Google settings, and tried turning off as many options as possible related to Google+.
I went into sync settings and turned off Google+ updates.... and still have this problem.

Also, when I go into my list of apps and run Google+ intentionally, it runs fine, but it has a slightly different look/style than the app that freezes.

There was one time where this behavior prevented an alarm from going off, which is of great concern to me.

I tried searching forums and the interwebs but could not find any info about this problem. Anyone have any idea?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google+, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then see if the problem recurs.

If you never use Google+, you could also Disable it from that menu. That will prevent Google+ from ever opening. Bear in mind that this will also disable the Photos app, which is part of Google+. As long as you have another Gallery app, this shouldn't be a problem.