Mobile data icon disappeared from notifications -

A

AC Question

The mobiel data icon has suddenly gone from my notifications panel.

I haven't changed any settings. It was there one minute gone the next.

How do i get it back with my other icons?

I cannot see how to add it back on in settings.

Don't really want to reset the phone if possible.

Litz Francisco

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Back up & reset your android phone.
I experienced the same thing & doing it would be the solution. I dont recomend this specially if you have important files saved.
But see I already had the icons back with a smile :)
HOPE THIS WILL HELP

Dj-Jeck Gonzaga

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my S6 Edge here in Philippines, I have to manually go to Data Usage or Long-pressing the power button to turn off Data. I also tried using *#2263# option to select band preference which for me is helpful for the meantime.

uk2008uk

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Looking around this seems to be a problem with Samsung text to speech. They released an update which caused a software glitch the development team are aware of the problem. In the meantime the workaround is settings - data usage - turns on / mobile data

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You would think Samsung would have a messaging system, at least to Samsung Account users, to alert owners that their device is temporarily hampered or has changed and they're working on it.

You have to enter any email address to use the Samsung account and cloud sync services so it wouldn't be difficult.

Jithin Suresh

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue in my s6 edge ,i noticed one thing is that before this problem my device was getting too hot and i restarted. sucks samsung, i am using this device last 2 months, now overoll performance is too bad sometimes the device getting too slow (i installed 5 additional applications only)

chante_heynes

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I noticed mine was gone today as well - South Africa (Vodacom) but I take a little bit of joy in knowing that the problem isn't specific to my S6 only. My dad's S6 however was not affected. Strange? Hope this gets fixed soon without the hassle of having to backup and restore the device.

Belisha Maniram

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happens to my gf and I . We both have s6 edge n it disappeared at the same time . If this can happen all of a sudden what els has been happening that we don't know about . This is ridiculous. I hope Samsung is reading all of these complaints n will do something about it asap .

Jenny Ryan

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
HELP - I have a new Samsung Galaxy Edge S6 and my Mobile Data Quick Setting Notification has disappeared from the Panel.

Ive tried everything for all day today and am totally lost

can anybody help recover it ?

thanks
Jenny

Michel Hoogland

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
For now i found a fix at XDA, it bring only the mobile data icon back but for me is enough too wait for a definitieve fix :)

Mod Note :(file removed, please post the XDA-Developers link)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87